• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It's the Hillclimb Racer. The cross country racer had the reverse removed. I need reverse so I got the one with reverse instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for answer!
If You have time in future, it would be great fun to read a review/report about the machine!
Of course with some nice pics,:)

I seem to recall a story back in the days of the , I believe , SRX in the 80's twin cylinder version , that ate belts and drank oil , and they couldn't get it right one year , so they pulled them before intro , and had them all destroyed .
Any body hear something to that effect .

I think the SRX you refer to is the ´82 SRX/Vmax with the 500 liquid cooled engine.
American Snowmobiler Mag. did a nice write-up on this mystery machine in Feb. 2015 issue (if I remember correct, don´t have the mag in front of me).
Can recommend to check it out.
I know one person in Sweden who has one actually.

I think Yamaha may come out with a new chassis for 2018 with the new 998 3 cylinder engine. It will probably be shared and developed with AC and it will either be an Apex replacement or an updated Apex with the 998 turbo. I think they will also have that 998 NA for a lower HP and lower cost sled. Just my guess.

They did release the old srx, they were at dealers and demanded they get returned an crushed. My father knew a guy who had already taken delivery. He told him to keep it but he didn't :/
Ok ,that's the story I was referring to .
The best thing about that story , is it proves to me that I have not lost all my memory !
Just certain parts !

So if they turbo a apex and give it a new suspension then it would be top dog again right.

1981 SRX 440 "screamer" had many issues that only the good tuners could remedy. 1982, displacement was increased to 500 cc but never released to the public, a few "got out"(very rare). 1983 saw the introduction of the VMAX 540 which stayed in production to 1991 (in Canada)!

Winter sucked.. we are lucky to get any new products.. but next year is the 50th.
20160305_004442[1].jpg
Standing in the window last night :p

Hadn't seen my idea mentioned yet. Why not use the Vector chassis(Japan), and drop in the Turbo 998? Maybe offer variable (beginner, trail, sport) boost/ tune for the more traditional trail runners?

Hadn't seen my idea mentioned yet. Why not use the Vector chassis(Japan), and drop in the Turbo 998? Maybe offer variable (beginner, trail, sport) boost/ tune for the more traditional trail runners?

It's better in the ACat chassis. The DB II/III chassis doesn't even compare (doesn't hold a candle...whatever that means) to the Pro Cross chassis......at least IMO.

What intrigues me the most regarding Yamaha snowmobiles, is how every model is unique when compared to their other models. And that gives consumers more to choose from. No two models are similar. And no other manufacturer offers anything similar. We all don't need the same machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back