• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

I always thought the SRX was a performance trail sled, why would anyone need electronic launch control? there isn't to many that can catch the sidewinder in stock form and pretty much nothing when its flashed, except a turbo Apex which will suck the sidewinder stickers clean off in a"old" delta box chassis, the more electronics on a sled the more the troubles.

Some 2 stroke Vipers were fast and some were not. If your 4 stroke Viper beats the 2 stroke one you have a slow 2s Viper. Mine was faster than heck and even with 9600 miles it could run neck and neck or beat most of the new stuff. I sold it at the end of 2013 and put every mile on it. On lake Gogebic I spun the speedo up to 125 mph one time. On GPS that was around 114 mph. On that lake I knocked off countless ZR800's, even a ZR900 , ZRT 600's and a 2 stroke Mach Z 1000 twin. My dad's was even faster than mine and was an F7 beater....yes the fast ones (2003).

All we had done to our two machines were Predator tracks and Heavy Hitter clutch kits.

I knew of other Vipers of that time which struggled with 600's. What you usually found was the fast ones had over 130 psi compression on the pto side and a good 145-150 psi in the middle and mag side. The slower ones had 110-115 psi in the pto side and around 125 psi in the other two.

Don't take this as a knock, just pointing out the big disparity between the old 2s Vipers performance. I sure put mine through the paces and when you have a machine that long you really get to know it.

I agree fully. The stockViper/Cat's can't see that type of speed.

Pat's just announced Spring deal only Yamaha sleds 2017-2019 to clear out inventory. Where we go from here is anyone's guess???????????????????

Pat's just announced Spring deal only Yamaha sleds 2017-2019 to clear out inventory. Where we go from here is anyone's guess???????????????????

Where did you see this? I checked their website and facebook pages and all I can see is the Polaris 850 that is a snowcheck only option but nothing about Yamahas's.

haha, i looked too. didnt see anything, but did learn that pats also sells heavy equiptment. lol

Another year of rebadged cats...nothing new ...BNG...I am out....

Its worst than that.

Its Snoscoot, VK, One Viper or Sidewinders. THATS IT!

Yep that's the entire line-up and most Sidewinder models are Spring Order only. I think there are only a couple Sidewinders and a single Viper that will have Fall '18 availability. The Viper still has the old hood so if you want the newer design with this engine you'll need to go to Cat for the '19 7000. Must be using up those parts.

All Japanese models except VK are gone.
All touring sleds are gone.
Phazer is gone.

There must be thousands of unsold '17s and 18's and I guess they want to clear them all out. 2020 is either the year we get a whole new Yamaha snowmobile line... or it's the end. You decide. The 4 Stoke only decision was the biggest mistake in the history of the snowmobile industry. Maybe they can regroup and go forward or maybe they will discontinue the entire division.

Those of us that bought "Yamacats" don't look so dumb now because at least with Cat still going strong we will have parts availability for a long time no matter what happens next year.

Back