• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

While I was hoping for something new, the business approach Yamaha is taking is positive. Depreciation factor on sleds only few years old has been terrible with all the left over sleds. It's a cycle that needed to be broke and I'm glad to see Yamaha is taking the initiative to do something about it. In my opinion, this move shows more commitment to the future snowmobile line than a new model.

search

Attachments

• so-long-farewell.jpg
    so-long-farewell.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 74
I feel really bad for my dealer...What a kick in the jewels.

I think you will find many dealers relieved with this new approach. They no longer will be mandated to order "x" amount of units, and then pay interest on them for 2 years before they eventually just cut their losses and unload leftover sleds.

H
Yep that's the entire line-up and most Sidewinder models are Spring Order only. I think there are only a couple Sidewinders and a single Viper that will have Fall '18 availability. The Viper still has the old hood so if you want the newer design with this engine you'll need to go to Cat for the '19 7000. Must be using up those parts.

All Japanese models except VK are gone.
All touring sleds are gone.
Phazer is gone.

There must be thousands of unsold '17s and 18's and I guess they want to clear them all out. 2020 is either the year we get a whole new Yamaha snowmobile line... or it's the end. You decide. The 4 Stoke only decision was the biggest mistake in the history of the snowmobile industry. Maybe they can regroup and go forward or maybe they will discontinue the entire division.

Those of us that bought "Yamacats" don't look so dumb now because at least with Cat still going strong we will have parts availability for a long time no matter what happens next year.
With Textrons history, how long do you think Artic Cat will be around! Listen to lester's sneak peak for this Saturdays Supertrax TV episode. What he says about Yamaha now fits to what is happening. The bottom line talks and the bean counters have won at the negotiating table at Yamaha! Very very sad day!

I love your passion Travis and I'm right there with you! However this sounds like the typical big corp move! When the bean counters have to answer to the stock holders, this is what happens! I've been riding Yamaha's since 1982! I believe in three years you will only see Skidoo and Polaris in the snowmobile world! I hate big corporatations! I am hurting right now big time!

Well I guess our sleds will become collector items now.....

Looks like a breakup to me, and big parts bin clean out. Either Yamaha has a whole new lineup for next year or they are out IMO. The number of Cat sleds with Yamaha engines has been cut back noticeably too.

Guess this may limit any "Big Deals" for snowchecking 2019 models.

Looks like a breakup to me, and big parts bin clean out. Either Yamaha has a whole new lineup for next year or they are out IMO. The number of Cat sleds with Yamaha engines has been cut back noticeably too.

Yep. Something (or nothing at all) is coming for 2020. There does appear to be a Textron-Yamaha split coming soon 2020? Cat will probably just go ahead with 2 strokes only (maybe wedge a Weber 4 stroke into something). I'd expect the Sidewinder/9000 and youth sleds to continue for another year or two, but beyond that I think the joint venture is finished.

Cleaning everything out could be a good or bad sign. Yamaha states they are committed to the snowmobile business and for now we must believe them. There would be no reason to lie about it. They made the announcement that the Apex was finished last year and I tend to believe they would have done the same if 2019 was the last year you could buy a Yamaha sled.

I love your passion Travis and I'm right there with you! However this sounds like the typical big corp move! When the bean counters have to answer to the stock holders, this is what happens! I've been riding Yamaha's since 1982! I believe in three years you will only see Skidoo and Polaris in the snowmobile world! I hate big corporatations! I am hurting right now big time!
X2, IMO this lineup and snow check program is to help the dealer's clear out inventory before they pull the plug, less commitment this year then ever! To my point , just look at Yamaha's mountain segment for 2019 . Or should I say there ""ONLY"" mountain sled for 2019! The only growing segment in the entire industry that the other 3 OEM's are doubling down on and Yamaha cuts back! That speaks volumes about the future of there sled division! Another post has said Yamaha was a no show at an event in NH. and also this weekends Sno-Fest up in Old Forge NY. It's a moot point anyway! It's only a matter of time till Textron looses interest and gets tired of that little snowmobile division and there bean counters pull the plug on Cat! Like the Yamaha big wig said in the Sno-Trax video ""YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET"" !!! Well he wasn't kidding!!

To my point , just look at Yamaha's mountain segment for 2019 . Or should I say there ""ONLY"" mountain sled for 2019! The only growing segment in the entire industry that the other 3 OEM's are doubling down on and Yamaha cuts back! That speaks volumes about the future of there sled division!

I don't know if that means a lot because (other then a tiny sub-group) all the mountain riders want 2 strokes. Without a 2 stroke they will never be a strong player in this growing market.

Back