• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Srx has arrived

newtron

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 900 ACE Turbo, 2019 SRX, 2018 850 X
Just picked it up

IMG_1415.jpg
IMG_1416.jpg
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg

Looks great. Is that the seat that came with it? Or did you add this? I thought they had a shallow bun on the back.

Wow finally, some Blue sexy pics on snow....man o man that is one sleek ride. So looks like you got a MT seat too eh? Assuming that did not come on it. Looks great with that new tunnel bag. So It also looks like the outer idlers are spread apart like my 129 is....How hot are the heaters/thumb now? Take a few pics of how the heaters work on the gauge if you can.

Looks like Helix ramps are machined now correct? Any idea on the helix angles? Pink Apex spring i see.

Simply amazing that blue and white...

Congrats!
Dan

So it’s a straight 37?? That’s interesting!
Appears to be, my 19 LTX says 8KC70 also. Primary weights 8LR, looks like heavy rivets in middle and inner hole. Outer hole I think is aluminum with hole through it.

I believe the helix is a 35/39, on my 19 se when i put my 41/35 helix for my tunes against it they pretty much match top and bottom with slight gap in middle, mine shows 37 helix too but think they just cut it

Well I managed to get 18 miles on tonight!I know its early but it feels really good. -7 degrees tonight

The Clutching/engine feels really responsive and snappy to me with no miles on it. On take off it will hit 8700 rpm then drop to 8500 and hold to around 100 mph. NO STUDS Yet. Compared to the 900T that I have ridden, it feels more responsive and pulls harder. Take that with a grain of salt because the conditions were different when I was on the 900T. I'm going to get out and play with my 900T buddy on Friday.

The suspension seems to be calibrated well, but the button to adjust the suspension seems a bit cumbersome to use. The button also scrolls through the left gauge screen for voltage, air intake and coolant temp. I would prefer just an up and down button to adjust the suspension. You have to hit down on the button then left or right for suspension firmness.

Overall ride height is lower and with very little testing seems really flat around the few corners I went through with the tuners. Please don't take this as it handles awesome.....need more testing in all conditions! Other skis already ordered and with any luck I can take them back! haha

The hand and thumb warmer buttons are good for me. Left and right to adjust and it shows on the right side of the screen. Low, Med and High. I just had transfer gloves on with no hand guards at -7 and my hands were comfortable. More testing required to see if they are warmer then my 2017.

The seat is the mountain seat that I had to order. To me its softer and has a little higher seating position. Talked to RockerDan about it and glad I ordered it.

Brake lever and throttle are a much improvement to me. Much improved IMO.

Overall I am very satisfied with my first impression of this sled compared to my 850 and 900T that I have ridden this year. Much more testing ahead!

Couple pics below of the Primary after 18 hard miles:

IMG_1424.jpg
IMG_1425.jpg

Well I managed to get 18 miles on tonight!I know its early but it feels really good. -7 degrees tonight

The Clutching/engine feels really responsive and snappy to me with no miles on it. On take off it will hit 8700 rpm then drop to 8500 and hold to around 100 mph. NO STUDS Yet. Compared to the 900T that I have ridden, it feels more responsive and pulls harder. Take that with a grain of salt because the conditions were different when I was on the 900T. I'm going to get out and play with my 900T buddy on Friday.

The suspension seems to be calibrated well, but the button to adjust the suspension seems a bit cumbersome to use. The button also scrolls through the left gauge screen for voltage, air intake and coolant temp. I would prefer just an up and down button to adjust the suspension. You have to hit down on the button then left or right for suspension firmness.

Overall ride height is lower and with very little testing seems really flat around the few corners I went through with the tuners. Please don't take this as it handles awesome.....need more testing in all conditions! Other skis already ordered and with any luck I can take them back! haha

The hand and thumb warmer buttons are good for me. Left and right to adjust and it shows on the right side of the screen. Low, Med and High. I just had transfer gloves on with no hand guards at -7 and my hands were comfortable. More testing required to see if they are warmer then my 2017.

The seat is the mountain seat that I had to order. To me its softer and has a little higher seating position. Talked to RockerDan about it and glad I ordered it.

Brake lever and throttle are a much improvement to me. Much improved IMO.

Overall I am very satisfied with my first impression of this sled compared to my 850 and 900T that I have ridden this year. Much more testing ahead!

Couple pics below of the Primary after 18 hard miles:

View attachment 143082 View attachment 143083
Seat looks great, I prefer it to the other style.

Now you have me keen, I'm heading out to tear the fields up for a bit.

Only low,med, hi? Cannot slide them anywhere in between?

thanks for the report, love my MT seat too. Pics of the new tunnel bag maybe inside?

thanks
Dan

Only low,med, hi? Cannot slide them anywhere in between?

thanks for the report, love my MT seat too. Pics of the new tunnel bag maybe inside?

thanks
Dan

Ya 3 settings. Not like the apex

Back