• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Front end

Hi anyone know the torque spec on upper ball joint on this front end.

Thanks Pan

Hi anyone know the torque spec on upper ball joint on this front end.

Thanks Pan
Looks like 45FtLbs
Untitled.jpg

Looking for an update from anyone that upgraded front to 2020 geometry. What other components had to change?

Looking for an update from anyone that upgraded front to 2020 geometry. What other components had to change?

Other than the parts listed above for the front, the geometry changed a bit where the front arm mounts to the rails in the skid (from what I have read). That being said, the rails must have changed on the 2020's in addition to the limiter straps being 1/2" longer.

Other than the parts listed above for the front, the geometry changed a bit where the front arm mounts to the rails in the skid (from what I have read). That being said, the rails must have changed on the 2020's in addition to the limiter straps being 1/2" longer.

My 2020 skid is in the middle of my garage floor. If you want specific pictures, I can try and get them tonight if my memory doesn't fail me. Let me know.

I'm pretty sure the limiter straps and front skid shock are different. I'll have my 2020 in the air today and can take a measurement of the front shock

I'm pretty sure the limiter straps and front skid shock are different. I'll have my 2020 in the air today and can take a measurement of the front shock

Please do measure the front shock and let us know what you find. I was thinking the shock length would be the same from ‘17-‘20’s with the difference in the location of where the front arm mounts to the rails, which changes the angle a bit on the arm. Not necessarily changing the length of the shock, however, needing to lengthen the limiter straps by 1/2”. :dunno:

Just my guess so would love to hear what you find out.

Cat has a totally different part # for the 20 shock and straps and it's more expensive. Yamaha doesn't list 20 parts yet as far as I could find.

Just measured the front shock center to center of the eyes is 12 1/8" roughly installed length and it looks like there is another hole in the limiter straps but don't know yet if that will over extend the shock yet!

Back