• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Along side the windshield on the hood. Looks like a large x and some lettering going forward on the hood.

It is good to be hopeful but I base my expectations on previous actions and results. If I have a neighbor that hasn’t maintained their front yard for the last 20 years, I don’t expect them to all the sudden start mowing the lawn weekly. Yamaha has been basically asleep for the last10 years. That is not much of a teaser so maybe there will be others leading up to the release.
I wouldn't call the Viper and Sidewinder being "asleep" .......maybe not what you want but definitely not asleep.

78199613.jpg
Looking at the 2020 pic again it does look like there is possibly a "S" in front of the X. But looks like more letters than just an R afterwards. It also appears to be a shorter tunnel so maybe not a version of the riot like I hoped. But it may still be something I'm interested in.
I'm in the market for 2 more sleds
1: A sled to play around offtrail with. If Yamaha doesn't come out with their version of a Riot I will be happy with a BTX Winder
2: A good novice level sled for my wife when she goes out and my son can ride the rest of the time. Something stable, modern, easier to ride than the Viper

It is good to be hopeful but I base my expectations on previous actions and results. If I have a neighbor that hasn’t maintained their front yard for the last 20 years, I don’t expect them to all the sudden start mowing the lawn weekly. Yamaha has been basically asleep for the last10 years. That is not much of a teaser so maybe there will be others leading up to the release.
It took ten years to address slide wear on Apex. They are on a different schedule than us. All we do is think sleds. They have a lot more. That’s why I hope they buy Cat and keep the core guys there. They make changes daily.

Someone on a diffrent thread on this site had heard somewhere yami is going to focus on high end sleds. Not sure if that makes sence. But it could be true. If it is wouldnt a stx dx 146 with the srx shocks make a great jack of all trades type sled. Good solo touring. Good off trail ability. A high end sled that would apeal to a wider range of customers. Maybe a choice between 2 different lug heights. X-srx. Just ditch the useful but not great looking trunk/ extra fuel tank on the back and a sporty windshield. Just my guess.

Did a little research today when I was bored. Of the 24 Yamaha snowmobile dealers in Minnesota, this is the current "new, in-stock" numbers for Yamaha snowmobiles. Only 56 new Yamaha sleds remain in the state (23 of which at just 1 dealer). 10 out of the 24 dealers don't have any new Yamahas remaining to sell. Obviously Yamaha's strategy for 2019 worked, but it can't be easy on dealers when they have nothing to sell.

MN Dealers.PNG

Zooming in, it looks like XoX. :p It might just be a version of the Riot X sled and labelled XTX. o_O

Did a little research today when I was bored. Of the 24 Yamaha snowmobile dealers in Minnesota, this is the current "new, in-stock" numbers for Yamaha snowmobiles. Only 56 new Yamaha sleds remain in the state (23 of which at just 1 dealer). 10 out of the 24 dealers don't have any new Yamahas remaining to sell. Obviously Yamaha's strategy for 2019 worked, but it can't be easy on dealers when they have nothing to sell.

View attachment 146776
No Apexes

Thought i heard riot was exclusive to cat. Dont know where i heard it and dont know if its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back