• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only a doo don’t worry!

View attachment 138939 View attachment 138940 I switched to an 850 renegade early in the season and it’s not all it’s hyped up to be. I came back to the viper after I realized what a piece of #*$&@ it was! It only weighs 42lbs less than my ltx, so for you guys that complain about weight...go workout or something...because I couldn’t even notice the difference. Next the oil line popped off spraying oil everywhere all over my clutches etc. If doo can’t put a simple clamp on an oil line to keep it from popping off...something’s qrong, and that’s why a lot of guys are blowing them up. They’re blowing up like crazy actually. My buddies 17’ 850 just went up in flames, and another buddies 850 blew on him. I put 432kms on my 850 and hated it. All I was thinking about was if it was gona blow...the oil line came off instead, go figure right? I put the oil line back on and sold it. There’s only one guy I ride with that has an 800, the rest are on 850s and I keep up with them on the trails easily, yes on the lakes they have a bit more top end but I don’t care about that. The viper imo is way better than the 850! The 850 is made cheap! Running boards are very thin and flex like crazy. Sled shakes at idle like a blind f*g at a weenie roost. l Could go on about skidoo and their junk all day. Not to mention the overpriced accessories. If you want a reliable sled, stick with your yamaha. For anyone that is about to switch to doo...I’ll warn you now and try to spare you the headache I had. DONT DOO IT!!!

929F4560-1649-4AAF-B165-92274A5E6343.jpeg
Somebody said Doo 850’s were blowing up like balloons at a carnival!

281B3562-86D7-42AA-AB60-7DCE6B3ED2D8.jpeg
Well atleast it matches their new snowmobile outfits!

Sales have fallen due to global warming and overpricing.

I don't agree. Their sales have fallen because they have chosen to not bring new sleds to market. 2014-15 Viper sales were a hit = new snowmobile. Sidewinder sales were a hit = new snowmobile. 2010 to 2018 Nytro, Apex, Vector, Phazer and 2017-18 Viper sales not good. = virtually no upgrades or improvements in 5+ years.

adubs stop putting words in my mouth. Lol you must have typed in your response between the quotes.

Anyway, yes the Sidewinder was a big seller but really only because of the turbocharger. It’s a viper with a turbo that make more power than any other production sled ever built, of course it’s going to be a big seller.
If you can come up with a single or even several options on a sled that will make it sell like the Sidewinder I suggest you market your ideas. Fact remains snowmobile sales are down as a whole and there not selling enough to make good profits in their eyes.
Short seasons and flat wage rates have not helped with sales in the U.S. that’s a fact not an opinion.
If there was enough snow to snowmobile in Iowa, Northern Illinois, southern Michigan, southern Wisconsin, southern Minnesota, Ohio and all of New York and the SEASON was twice as long in the Northern parts of the U.S. (this is how it was when I was a kid) then Yamaha would not be experiencing the current cuts in production.
Either way it doesn’t much matter because if the weather stays at its current trend there will be no snowmobiling in the Midwest in another 10~15 years. Tell me I’m wrong.

How do you find the time. Should probably be doing something more constructive like looking for a job.

Find one for me too.......

Oh I’ve got a job.
I have finally achieved the status of....
“In Emergency Breakdowns Break Glass”
So I’ve got a lot of spare time. Lol

Agree with this definitely see it as a good market as kids get too old for the sno scoot but are not ready for a Viper yet.
Wait till 2020... spring surge only Turbo sno scoot with Fox QS3's in a 137" skid... its coming!

Hard to sell sleds if you have none in the showroom! Yamaha's lineup or lack of one is very telling, the only sled I would have looked at is no longer made for 2019 which was the crosstour! Thankfully that option was taken away before I had a weak moment! Maybe in 2020! LMAO!

I agree. Lots of people here saying Y's decision to go all 4s was terrible. For business purposes, I might agree. It sold a lot of sleds initially. Problem is, these engines last forever. No need to buy new every couple of years. Plenty 20k mileage sleds around. Good luck finding a 2s with that mileage, unless rebuilt a few times. The other manufacturers are going to sell more, as the stuff their selling won't last as long. This may come to a realization for them with the 4s offerings they do have down the road. Maybe those last as long time and they see that upgrades aren't happening as fast in that category.

I have been saying this all along!! A good part of the reason Yamaha sells less sleds is the 4s engines run forever! Much like buying a 4 wheeler, they run and run, why buy every 2-3 years. I sold my 2s Viper with 9600+ miles....yeh unheard of territory for most 2s, especially an E-Tec Doo. Then I bought my Attak with 12,000 miles on it already. I now have 16,000 miles on it. Had this been a 2s I would not even had considered it. It still runs like a scalded mule.

Speaking of a mule......I know Nick Keller. He's as tough as a mule himself, I don't know anyone that can put 500 miles a day on and just get up and do it again and again, 7 days a week all winter long. He's a tough fella. He would have never done those miles on anything else and he told me that. He switched to Yamaha for that reason.

Last edited:
2020 is the big year. I heard it from a guy who works at Yamaha. :(
All I can say is this, I haven't talked to anyone at Yamaha, still waiting to corner him when he comes in for his once a year appointment, but there is still a full crew working at the compound here.

Local dealer sold over 100 2014 - 2016 Vipers. It is/was not a bad sled but the design is compromised a bit just to fit the 1049 into an existing chassis. He sold one 2017, a factory promotion,and no 2018's as of my last visit. I'm sure low snow and trail closures are a factor but Yamaha did not do much to entice new buyers. Lots of car companies do similar. They take a successful model, do nothing to update it for many years, then cancel it as they say it no longer sells.....

Local dealer sold over 100 2014 - 2016 Vipers. It is/was not a bad sled but the design is compromised a bit just to fit the 1049 into an existing chassis. He sold one 2017, a factory promotion,and no 2018's as of my last visit. I'm sure low snow and trail closures are a factor but Yamaha did not do much to entice new buyers. Lots of car companies do similar. They take a successful model, do nothing to update it for many years, then cancel it as they say it no longer sells.....
Everyone wanted Sidewinders not Vipers anymore for 17/18 MY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back