• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.....I was going to blow my load on booze & strippers. Did I say that? Anyway.....I've decided to have faith in Yamaha and start a "2020 Yamaha slush fund."
Anyone else preparing to own the newest absolutely baddest platform on the planet!
I think Textron has woke up a sleeping giant.......

IMG_20180309_123612136-640x380.jpg

Well.....I was going to blow my load on booze & strippers. Did I say that? Anyway.....I've decided to have faith in Yamaha and start a "2020 Yamaha slush fund."
Anyone else preparing to own the newest absolutely baddest platform on the planet!
I think Textron has woke up a sleeping giant.......

View attachment 139010

Wow very Pessimistic!
What do you base this faith in Yamaha’s baddest platform on the planet???
Well, at least you have a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, no ones on board to rock a newly chiseled and technically advanced chassis and engine package from Yamaha?
Well.....I guess it's just me storing up the nuts to earn that spot next to the president of Yamaha Motor Company.....

Maybe he'll even let me be the first to test ride it B4 the unveiling. You guys will be sorry.......

So, no ones on board to rock a newly chiseled and technically advanced chassis and engine package from Yamaha?
Well.....I guess it's just me storing up the nuts to earn that spot next to the president of Yamaha Motor Company.....

Maybe he'll even let me be the first to test ride it B4 the unveiling. You guys will be sorry.......
I think Stargate SG1 had some episodes where a person's conciousness was replaced by another...do you see another person when you look in a mirror???(hint, he would look just like Yamaha's vp of marketing)
LOLOL!!!! It'd be nice if you were right though. ..

39 more piles like that and you'll have it

I think Stargate SG1 had some episodes where a person's conciousness was replaced by another...do you see another person when you look in a mirror???(hint, he would look just like Yamaha's vp of marketing)

Lol, it's not that weird, yet. I honestly can't say, with positive absolute, either way. I've read alot here & elsewhere.... Yamaha is very strong. They could easily rank higher, If that was their choosing. They committed to the 4stroke market too soon. Then just flatlined for the last 15yrs. Also, not sure about their relationship with Textron. Time will tell. I'm keeping the money in a coffee jar.

39 more piles like that and you'll have it

Exactly.......good eye. I'm working on it. One day at a time.

He is right!!

LOL. More like Yamaha is done making sleds and there will be no 2020's. More likely than Japanese made sleds again.

I would bet that skidoo sells many more low powered, midrange sleds than they do 850's. Yamaha this year is selling 1 midrange power sled, but it will be expensive and spring order only. It Almost double the price of an entry level skidoo sport 600 or the new polaris indy 550.

The only other sleds Yamaha is selling are the kids sleds, which profits are low, and sidewinders. The sidewinders only come in 137 and longer, either a 1 inch track or a 1.6 inch. So for a guy like me that prefers a 129 with a 1.25 track, I would be forced to get the cat version.

On top of that, this Sidewinder is the first sled Ive ever bought new, and I probably wont be making that mistake again. What good is a warranty when you get jerked around, and the season is so short. Guys from Yamaha head office keep saying they will call me back, been empty promises so far. Obviously Yamaha doesnt care about their sled customers anymore. At least not in Canada. I had to fix my belt snapping issues myself, Yamaha's solution was to not ride my $20k sled aggressively.

Last year, Yamaha sold approx 5000 sleds. How many are they going to sell for 2019? No touring sleds, no entry level priced sleds. 1000 units? 2000 units?

With Yamaha for 2019 as an engine builder only I can see no change for 2020. I see a a swing over to Ski-Doo with their 900 turbo. I even perked up a bit when I saw the turbo in the touring models. Not a turbo fan really but I always loved my 1000 triple triple Pantera touring and when Cat dropped it in 2002 leaving only the 800 twin in the Pantera.

I bought a 2005 Yamaha Warrior over the 900 twin ZR and thought Yamaha was on to something with the four stroke. No more trading in every two too 3 years, I even bought a 2000 600 ZL to ride in 2002 to keep the miles down on my triple, while looking for its replacement. One more season and it would need to have a complete rebuild, crank bearing counter balance bearings rod bearings, rings! Big bucks! The 2005 Warrior was perfect!

In 2013 with 18,000 miles on my Warrior I bought a 2011 Apex XTX I now am nearing 12,000 miles on my Apex and like the Warrior before it I really see no loss of performance or smiles. I only went to the Apex for the EPS because of my shoulders. Otherwise the Warrior was is just fine.

I think Yamaha's biggest strength, their engine has been their downfall aided by the Nytro's failure of a front end! My 2011 Apex is still like new with performance like new and the motor is still 15,000 miles away from its first maintenance! The problem comes from those who want latest greatest sled and could care less if its disposable because they don't want to keep it longer then two years.

So we enter the disposable era of sleds again! Yamaha is done so we have Doo or Cat to chose from. Cat has the big hp turbo, Doo the middle hp! Pick your hp it looks like its a turbo world now! Now someone selling a used sled may have modified it and returned it to stock this is a risk, but with turbos cranking the boost is so easy and so is putting it back to stock. Makes for even less of a wish to buy used!

Well......had a minor setback last night. I got talked into gambling. Didn't go good at all.

I'm sick about it.

Only gambling that I do with my money is the stock market with my 401K. Every time it sinks for a while, I hear that old proverb “ about a fool and his money”. Seems like everyone wants my money, State of Maine,Feds, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back