• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn it! At least with hookers and booze you would have had a hang over and a smile on your face!

Whole new line up for 2020... be patient!
I agree, The new chassis will replace the viper and used in the entry level as well, lake racer will come the next year with the end of the shared chassis, its in its final year of testing, so don't hang up the Yamaha jackets just yet.

I'll throw my thoughts on the pile lol.
When textron bought cat there was talk of how textron was more interested in offroad ventures than snowmobiles,
Now yamaha announces that there will be no more Japanese made sleds, if i recall the cat/yamaha agreement runs through 2019, with all that in mind, maybe we see yamaha buying cat off textron for 2020

That wouldn't be good cause Yamaha always had trouble making chassis and suspensions, they always kinda stuck with old tech for a long time just adding upgrades as time went on. AC did better in that category but never finished their products, it took a few years to get it going. No fit and finish, they let the public fix the problems. Yamaha made it better in the fit and finish category, I have both AC and Yamaha sleds over the years. I. Went with ac because of my dealer being close and I got a great deal.

Some great points, except the one by sumpbuster!

Funny, textron bought cat. Then changed the name of the off road product and left the snowmobile division as cat. Claiming Cat name has heritage in Snowmobile industry.

Possibly for further dissection?

It's game on!!!!!

Textron bought AC specifically for the ATV/UTV side. They don’t want the sled side of things...

Textron bought AC specifically for the ATV/UTV side. They don’t want the sled side of things...
This is true, the sled side of things I believe is in the probation period with Textron, Craig Kennedy is under a lot of pressure I would think, the question is will Cat survive if Yamaha breaks a way, I think Yamaha helped with the pro cross with fit and finish among other things, if cat starts using the webber engine as a 4 stroke replacement for the Yamaha that may not help Cat but we will see, I don't think Yamaha will offer anymore new engines to Cat but I could be wrong.

I just don't see Yamaha producing a full sled on its own ever again. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

I'll throw my thoughts on the pile lol.
When textron bought cat there was talk of how textron was more interested in offroad ventures than snowmobiles,
Now yamaha announces that there will be no more Japanese made sleds, if i recall the cat/yamaha agreement runs through 2019, with all that in mind, maybe we see yamaha buying cat off textron for 2020

Where did you hear no more Yamaha sleds?
If they were pulling out they would have announced it!

Last edited:
2018-03-11 18.18.22.jpg
2018-03-11 18.17.32.jpg
2018-03-11 18.20.45.jpg
2018-03-11 18.19.21.jpg
We need a fake dossier so corporate Yamaha offices can be wire tapped!
Saw a lot of procross cats on tug hill yesterday, a few yammy cats, and 2 sidewinders, including the one I was on. Too many ski doos...lol...several real Yamahas, like nytros and a rage and vectors and apexs. ...plus a softball game at the hook and ladder, wearing snoshoes!!
I think Yammy will work with cat as long as it's mutually beneficial. I can actually see Cat designers hitting a homerun, with improved yamaha quality, and maybe get some behind the scenes tech for the 2 strokes, and rebuild thier reputation. New completely Japanes sled....I just don't see it in the near future.
Some tug hill 'bilin pics...it ain't over til the fat sleds blow!!lol

Last edited:
And don't forget the 25% tariff on steel and 10% on aluminum that President Trump is about to impose.

Kumbaya........Kumbaya.......

Can't wait to see the internet spy photos! Going surfing now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back