• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poo fusion had tilt steering too. Dont know how much weight was added. I never looked at the mechanics of it because i didnt care at the time. Adjustable risers are have been on the market for a while now. If yami wants market share they need to make a sled that apeals too more people than they currently do.

Apex motor with eps in pro cross chassis is all I need.
:bash::sled1:

attachment.php
WE HAVE THAT :)
............. :(

Somebody tell the yami designers to make an adjustible seat. From apex sitting positition all the way up to phazer position. Adjustable riser and tilt steering to match.
The Phazer isn't a tall seating position, at least not compared to the procross.
Adjustable seats, handlebars etc has all been done in the past with little success. just adds cost and weight.

So you guys would take a apex motor in pro cross chassis with 170 hp but the Sidewinder at 190 hp is to much. I don't get it but I guess it's just me. I would hands down have the 3cyl 998 with the latest and greatest technology. The Viper is to slow and the Sidewinder is to fast is what I'm getting out of all of this. I don't think your gonna see anything in between it doesn't make any sense to me but to each there own but you guys that are waiting for the 4cyl Apex motor to come back will be waiting for along time.

So you guys would take a apex motor in pro cross chassis with 170 hp but the Sidewinder at 190 hp is to much. I don't get it but I guess it's just me. I would hands down have the 3cyl 998 with the latest and greatest technology. The Viper is to slow and the Sidewinder is to fast is what I'm getting out of all of this. I don't think your gonna see anything in between it doesn't make any sense to me but to each there own but you guys that are waiting for the 4cyl Apex motor to come back will be waiting for along time.
I'm a Turbo addict so I'm not interested, but the 4 holer has a following and as long as the power is on par with all the 850's it would probably do ok.
Winders are 200 plus stock, so it would be 35hp gap.

I want the turbo 998 in a chassis thats up to date with yamaha technology. I loved my 4 holer. The 998t is better. The procross is getting dated. And that motor needs a chassis that allows the motor to sit lower.
I loved my old vmax 4 motor too. There came a time that it didnt work for what the masses wanted and it was time for it to go. I dont know if we are at that point with the apex mill.... but can yami stay in the 150-165 hp class and be competitive sales and profit wise? Is it what the masses wants? A lot of people on here still want it. But there may be a better option to take market share in the 800 class.

I never thought of the Viper as too slow, but when one of my family's three Viper got wrecked, and we "needed" a new sled, my buddy was coincidentally looking at Sidewinders, and one thing led to another, and the next thing I know, I am riding a Sidewinder LTX-DX. I wouldn't call the Sidewinder "too fast", even though it is definitely faster than I ever needed to go on a snowmobile. What I like most about the Sidewinder, rather than its top end speed, is its ability to go from 30 or 40 mph to 70 mph in nothing flat. It is a sled that just puts a smile on your face all day long, every time you touch the flipper.

If Yamaha & AC had trouble shoe-horning the 1049 cc into the Pro Cross, I suspect that the 4 cylinder Apex motor would be even more problematic. So, while I understand why some of the Apex loyalists may want to see their engine in the Pro Cross chassis, I agree that we won't see it because the Sidewinder already fills the high speed trail sled market.

Are you getting decent weight transfer with your LTX-DX?

I never thought of the Viper as too slow, but when one of my family's three Viper got wrecked, and we "needed" a new sled, my buddy was coincidentally looking at Sidewinders, and one thing led to another, and the next thing I know, I am riding a Sidewinder LTX-DX. I wouldn't call the Sidewinder "too fast", even though it is definitely faster than I ever needed to go on a snowmobile. What I like most about the Sidewinder, rather than its top end speed, is its ability to go from 30 or 40 mph to 70 mph in nothing flat. It is a sled that just puts a smile on your face all day long, every time you touch the flipper.

If Yamaha & AC had trouble shoe-horning the 1049 cc into the Pro Cross, I suspect that the 4 cylinder Apex motor would be even more problematic. So, while I understand why some of the Apex loyalists may want to see their engine in the Pro Cross chassis, I agree that we won't see it because the Sidewinder already fills the high speed trail sled market.

I had a Triumph Tiger MC that had a simple little lever under the seat that allowed for two different seat height/positions. I bet a seat height adjustment that didn't add any weight to a sled would be a crowd pleaser for snowmobiles.

Arctic Cat had this on the twin spar chassis

The Apex motor most certainly has a cult following (mostly here on this site), which is not a bad thing. But it's definitely my cup of tea. However, to your point about more or less hp ... If Yamaha made a 150-160hp 4-stroke sled that weighs 100lbs less than the Sidewinder, they would absolutely have my attention. I have no need for a 200hp tank. But Yamaha (nor any other manufacturer for that matter) does not make what one particular person wants. They build what their market research tells them to keeping in mind who their target audience is. I seem to be falling out of that target audience lately.

Hey Squatch i seen Bobo(you know the guy from the show insearch of Bigfoot) at the nearest watering hole this past weekend and he just traded his old Apex in on a pro cross Yamaha powered snowmachine. He said that it rides and drives great and loves it. He also said the reason why they can never find you is that the trails are usually to rough for that old Apex you ride and you just hide in your cave dreaming about a new Pro Cross sled with Yamaha power.

I love my Apex powered sled, some get it some don't! You are talking about the fictional US Sasquatch and I'm the real deal Canadian Sasquatch. When James and I first met back in 2001 when I was on vacation he was fascinated and said he wondered if there where US bigfeets as well. So I pointed him to cliffbarackman.com and helped him get a job there. I was impressed by his determination so I helped him and taught him all about us, our secrets and stuff. I did it under the condition he didn't take my picture and plaster it around, I didn't want the fame. I just contacted him again cause I haven't talked to him in a long time and we had a nice conversation. He told me about his diet changes and some of his near death accidents, he told me he never had an Apex, go figure! He also said long before he would buy a Yamaha wannabee copy of a Cat he would buy the real sled a Thundercat. I agreed with him and said we would have to get together again sometime. Maybe this summer when I ride down south on my Yamaha Venture we will meet and swap a few lies and drink a few wobbly pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back