• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id much rather have a 2020 with BNG than beat my self to within a inch of being paralyzed driving a vintage apex with an inadequate suspension. I don't know how you guys driving old iron can rip on Yamaha about what they are offering when ya have nothing to compare it to. 2008 Apex is non comparable to a new viper or sidewinder. Now bring it on Sasquatch LaLaLa
Well, I REALLY want to love my sidewinder, but on an upcoming trip to Maine, I would have more confidence in my old apex, based on all the issues we see here. Smooth trails, hygear shocks, wrp seat, curve skis and 11,000 rpm, forever on belts and chain case tensioners, it's still a great sled!!! LOL

On another note, asked excell what's coming....no clue, but rumors of 2021 being big for Yamaha, and Polaris!
:jump:

again this weekend the snowmobile shows are concentrating on entry level sleds. I have seen three different sled shows now release episodes with at least 10 minutes talking about mid-market sleds.

Somebody is coming out with a direct competitor to the Polaris Evo. It won't be a 120, and it won't be a 200 SnoScoot. This is their way of hinting at it. Since SkiDoo still has the Ace 600 and a couple 550 fan models, you know it will be Cat/Yamaha. Enticer will be what is coming. And nothing would make me more happy to see it be 100% Yamaha, but we all know that will never happen again.
Yeah I get an Enticer and the need for entry level sleds but no interest to me at all. I’m all about an Apex replacement at 150 - 160 hp with eps. I’ll be happy if Yamaha comes in with anything new for me with eps.

Suspensions are overrated. Ride some decent trails. On an APEX. (Or whatever you got!)
Dec%2026%20Sledding%20007.jpg

My money is on mid market, and a beast. Cmon Enticer!

I can see 2021 being the big year. Should be this year but we would have teaser vids by now. The new front suspention on the apex is a clue that they are not done with r&d. Why bring new tech to old sleds if they are out. Still think we get 1 new chassis that will house all motors and lower the cg of the triples and maybe the 4 holer. Eps and new apex shocks and a mono 3 rear suspention that actually works.

I can see 2021 being the big year. Should be this year but we would have teaser vids by now. The new front suspention on the apex is a clue that they are not done with r&d. Why bring new tech to old sleds if they are out. Still think we get 1 new chassis that will house all motors and lower the cg of the triples and maybe the 4 holer. Eps and new apex shocks and a mono 3 rear suspention that actually works.

Don't forget about throttle by wire and performance dampers.

Somebody tell the yami designers to make an adjustible seat. From apex sitting positition all the way up to phazer position. Adjustable riser and tilt steering to match.

Somebody tell the yami designers to make an adjustible seat. From apex sitting positition all the way up to phazer position. Adjustable riser and tilt steering to match.
I had a Triumph Tiger MC that had a simple little lever under the seat that allowed for two different seat height/positions. I bet a seat height adjustment that didn't add any weight to a sled would be a crowd pleaser for snowmobiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back