• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find it hard to believe that the Riot platform will be exclusive to Cat since they have apparently done away with the 141" skid that they shared with the Yamaha XTX sleds. Now the Cats go from 137" to 146" with the Riot. The trend has definitely been toward longer skids, not shorter, and if Yamaha does not get to share the 146" skid with the Riot, they are going to be missing out on a big part of the market. Yamaha won't give up on "cross-over" sleds. I have an XTX and love it, but if Yamaha goes to the 146" skid with improved suspension and the 1.6" track, all with a NA 130+ hp 4-stroke, I would be really tempted to trade my XTX in!

Yami already had the 146 in the stx dx 146 back in 2018. It wadnt very apealing because of the deluxe windshield and trunk in the back. The trunk is super useful with an auxilary fuel tank but not very good looking. Im hoping that sled comes back with better shocks.

Yami already had the 146 in the stx dx 146 back in 2018. It wadnt very apealing because of the deluxe windshield and trunk in the back. The trunk is super useful with an auxilary fuel tank but not very good looking. Im hoping that sled comes back with better shocks.

Yamaha has a 146" skid on the Vector XTX and Apex XTX from 2016 until they discontinued those models in 2018. I also own a Viper STX DX 146". Different rear skid than the 146 Vector and Apex. Both ride Great.

Get the hard saddlebag kit for it. Trims it out nice.

ImageAgentProxy

Word Mark MOUNTAIN MAX
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Snowmobiles and structural parts thereof
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 87960135
Filing Date June 13, 2018
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Yamaha Hatsudoki Kabushiki Kaisha CORPORATION JAPAN 2500 Shingai, Iwata-shi Shizuoka-ken JAPAN
Attorney of Record Jennifer M. Lantz
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

According to the Cat website, they have revised the suspension of the 146" skid, retaining the transfer of the uncoupled suspension, but giving a more comfortable ride comparable to a coupled suspension. A 146" with the 1.6 or even the 1.75 backcountry track would be an awesome off trail machine, and if their new suspension lives up to the hype, it would give a decent ride. I am definitely hoping that Yamaha comes out with their version of this sled, but with a reasonably powered 4-stroke. It would be a perfect sled for the areas that I ride, not that I can afford ANOTHER sled right now!

On snap is right, there you go clarkman. Seems like everyone likes to talk about up grading but few people do. Probably because the 07 Apex is pretty much the same as the last year they made them.

On snap is right, there you go clarkman. Seems like everyone likes to talk about up grading but few people do. Probably because the 07 Apex is pretty much the same as the last year they made them.
Yes, not a whole lot of difference.

Did a little research today when I was bored. Of the 24 Yamaha snowmobile dealers in Minnesota, this is the current "new, in-stock" numbers for Yamaha snowmobiles. Only 56 new Yamaha sleds remain in the state (23 of which at just 1 dealer). 10 out of the 24 dealers don't have any new Yamahas remaining to sell. Obviously Yamaha's strategy for 2019 worked, but it can't be easy on dealers when they have nothing to sell.

View attachment 146776

Steves Sports and Auto is in Grand Marias. They have a new 2016 Vector XTX listed on Craigslist. Maybe this list is not correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back