• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SXvenom will probably be just a Cat Blast in Yamaha drag

NA 998 as a replacement to the Viper. Or a 600cc AC motor with Yamaha badging. The Blast is too entry level for the Venom name. But that's just an opinion.
Where the Sno Sport was a juiced up Sno Scoot back in the day, that would be a more appropriate moniker for the Yamaha badged Blast. Enticer, even more so as it would be similar CC range to the original. And Jaret's teaser with the Enticer is way too much of an obvious hint as to what is coming.

The old rumor mill is really starting to turn in my neck of the woods the last couple of days. I heard that Cat is bringing out a new chassis from pretty good source. If it was co devolved with Yamaha who knows, I'm calling B S and I think all you will see is bold new graphics with a rebadge blast and maybe the 998 n/a replacing the 1049.

As much as people love the 1049, for as long as it has been around in multiple chassis, it makes more business sense for Yamaha and AC to standardize on the 998/998t. Since they are both using that base engine in Snow and SXS forms, it would cut down on support and parts costs to standardize. The NA 998 should perform very similar to the 1049.

There is still a rumor floating of Hibbert coming back to Snocross on a Yamaha Sled. But I have not had as many sources substantiate that. So I will consider it BS until it happens. But what would that mean? The above rumor on a co-developed new chassis, and possibly new 2-stroke could be huge if properly released with a big name riding it. Hibbert may be past his prime being out of the game this long though. The entire Hibbert team on the other hand could breed a new line of racers though! Especially if they scraped up all those recently retired AC crew members.

Totally agree about the 998 it only makes sense but I just can't believe that Cat and Yamaha are coming out with something new and it hasn't been leaked out by now. Well we will soon find out and if they are bringing something new to the table and it didn't get leaked that is a awesome job by both companies for keeping it quiet. But I'll believe it when I see it and I'm definitely not holding my breath.

I don't think Cat showed everything in their early release, I think there is more to come, maybe there is a new co built chassis to be unwrapped yet, could be what Yamaha models are going to be housed in, I would sooner like to see a new Yamaha chassis and begin the break away process from Cat, the NA 998 is around 112 hp its being used in Yamahas sport Side x Side, so putting that engine in the Viper will put the power down but they may be able to match with some tuning, I think they may have a new engine in the works possible a twin turbo or maybe use the new R1 engine.

Well my money is ready,I hope they deliver and come with something I need to have.If not I'll buy another brand and keep the Viper for a second.

I need a new mountain sled so I am hoping for a factory built one these!

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 448
Cats got nothing else then what they let out early be my guess. Textron got it for a song, will probably spend very little on r+D .they string along a bit until their stock nose dives with the next down turn. then they dump Cat to give the share price a boost and make Wall Street Happy "Increase share holder value" Just look up AMF corporation from the 70s same deal. Does it make me happy ? no. Does it make excellent business sense in today's environment ? , yes

I need a new mountain sled so I am hoping for a factory built one these!
this is my best friends sled.....its an animal....i am going to build my own if they dont release one....most fun sled i have ever ridden.

It’s and awesome sled, and I am with you on building one if there is no factory version...probably cheaper!
I read that central sled made it? Do you know what they did with the drivers?

It’s and awesome sled, and I am with you on building one if there is no factory version...probably cheaper!
I read that central sled made it? Do you know what they did with the drivers?

the kit comes with a driveshaft and drivers. It’s a huge difference over my winder. Central sled did a good job on it.

Did it keep the reverse? I thought the sidewinders have a longer shaft compared to the 2 strokes?

thanks
He kept reverse. They had to get some sort of spacer for reverse to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back