• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMS. Maybe you could comment since you are directly from Yamaha about the lack of quality in the Sidewinder/Viper sleds. It’s obvious you are reading these posts today. Have you been reading them about the issues that most of these members have had with blow off valves freezing, jack shaft bearing slop due to a poorly designed shaft, bolts backing out on the Chaincase tensioner wheel, cheap bearings that fail, suspension components that bend, site glass falling out of the Chaincase, and lets see what other components is it that Barn of Parts makes to fix Arctic Cats engineering issues? Because we darn well know that if Yamaha actually engineered these items there would be far fewer issues with these sleds. Quality, durability, fit and finish and best tech in the business. That’s why I’ve ridden Yamahas for over 25 years. But if you, and I mean you as Yamaha can’t acknowledge these issues and correct them especially when someone spends $15k on a sled these days why would we bother anymore buying Yamaha? As many of the people have said here, might as well buy a Cat, it costs less... or go elsewhere and you will lose the remainder of your market share. Heck, most of the good Yamaha dealers I knew of no longer carry your brand because they couldn’t compete with Arctic Cats preseason pricing. How do you sell a Sidewinder when a Thundercat costs less? That’s got to say something right there.

And this will be a post that JMS or Yamaha won't respond to, or at least give an honest response on. Just like like how they won't give an answer that they will design and build their own sled.

Maybe Jaret would be so kind and answer this question... why can't Yamaha build their own chassis? you have the best motors no question asked, I think some true blues have been waiting on Yamaha and were hoping for something other than a co shared chassis for 2021, the pro cross has filled in and kept Yamaha in the game but I think as Yamaha true blues we would like to see a chassis we can call or own again.

I vote that we put Mr Sled in charge of yamahas snowmobile division

I vote that we put Mr Sled in charge of yamahas snowmobile division
Why? So I can be told no and then I would have to explain why? No thanks!! I would rather be part of the solution and force them to fix the great sleds they currently have and bring to market that Yamaha quality we all want.

Well, you could do that if you were truly in charge. Maybe come up with solutions instead of stickers. Just an idea

Great Post. ;)!

We are actively working on future projects with AC, when a project such as the SXvenom/Blast makes its way to the market this project has been many years in the making with engineers from both sides. We worked through many different engine options, chassis options, clutches, and inevitably came to market with a vehicle that we feel delivers on each of our design targets. We are also working to be as fluid as we can with shifting market requests, Mountain Max is a prime example of that. As we phased out the Sidewinder M-TX, we worked towards bringing a 2-stroke to the market that our consumers were asking for. The innovation of the single beam rear suspension combined with the lightweight of a 2-stroke we feel makes a very capable snowmobile to fit that market need. The bulk of our business remains on the trail side however this year our expansion into mountain segment, a cost effective 2-stroke 7/8th side SMB and expansion of our utility line helps to broaden our product offering.

I think the difficult part for me is reading the part about "future projects with AC". It doesn't feel like just a project. Toyota and BMW worked on the new Z4 and Supra project together. Both sell the car under different names with slight changes. Both companies still maintained their own identities in the automotive market outside of the collaboration between them. This partnership looks and feels very one sided from where we Yamaha faithful are sitting. All of these projects look like 90% cat and 10 % Yamaha. Seven model years in, the Yamaha DNA is all but gone. If Yamaha is giving up on sled production themselves then just say so and give it all to Cat. Give them the reliable ECU that made the 1050 in Nytro and Vector form run flawlessly. No reflashes, no hot start problems etc. Sell them all the tech to make it work right because it seems that Yamaha has no intent in using it in the future. Sell cat your chaincase setup so that's not a problem. Sell them EPS. Sell them the chip controlled throttle set up for the 1050. Why not? If Yamaha has no intent to continue being a snowmobile manufacturer then why not make the Cat partnership the absolute best that it can be?

Well, you could do that if you were truly in charge. Maybe come up with solutions instead of stickers. Just an idea

Great thought but I dont think Jaret's jobs is all that easy, there is a lot politics, processes and documentation and whatever to even get to the next level in Yamaha planning... I was an engineer for 20 years.. I didnt get to make the calls then either.

The chain case issues should have been addressed by now whether arctic cat or Yamaha is in charge of it .
I would consider buying new , on that change alone.

Great looking sleds but this is terrible.Did they put the Mountain Max name on a %100 cat with the ctec?
No, they used Yamaha mountain ski's

Still confused on the venom....I like the price, its entry level which I also like, but what are they getting? Is this compared to a 440 back in the day? So less then 70mph 50-60hp? I hate how vague it is. How does a customer know they are looking at, especially a entry level customer? If they worked 'years' you think there would be more on the web site then 3 sentence's describing the motor.

"The new hi-tech 397cc engine has all the features you'd expect to find in a top-of-the-line sled: computerized ignition (ECM), 3-stage exhaust power valve, batteryless fuel injection, electronic oil-injection and electric start. Tuned exhaust with EPTS (exhaust pipe temperature sensor) and a detonation sensor work together for reliable performance. A lightweight, counter-balance shaft handles unwanted vibration to deliver a smooth, wide range of power."

How much does it weigh? How does that compare to other sleds? I mean if this is entry level how do they know if this is attractive?

"The compact powerplant weighs in under 50 lbs, packing a mighty punch with its class-leading hp to weight ratio."

Great thought but I dont think Jaret's jobs is all that easy, there is a lot politics, processes and documentation and whatever to even get to the next level in Yamaha planning... I was an engineer for 20 years.. I didnt get to make the calls then either.
And that is why I said I feel sorry for Jaret!

I bet it's hard to make those calls when another manufacturer is making your product for you. The fact that the mountain Max and venom are 100% Cat blows my mind. And instead of addressing problems like blown up chaincase, ect......New skis? What the hell.

And with the venom they said it was coe developed well then they should have released them closer together and Yamaha and ac should have released a statement saying such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back