• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Sled Buyers

Yes! Guys I have ridden about every sled out there and NONE have left quite a impression on me as a Alpha. Felt like a hero on it off trail. Then the Blast I rode. FUN. I didn’t even get to ride the Venom Mountain but I can imagine a Mini Alpha. I just know it’s going to be a very fun sled. Have said would never buy a first year again but just have too. Dang it! Should be a worry free thing

Yes! Guys I have ridden about every sled out there and NONE have left quite a impression on me as a Alpha. Felt like a hero on it off trail. Then the Blast I rode. FUN. I didn’t even get to ride the Venom Mountain but I can imagine a Mini Alpha. I just know it’s going to be a very fun sled. Have said would never buy a first year again but just have too. Dang it! Should be a worry free thing
Tell me more about the Alpha.Your whole experience with it,off and on trail if you dont mind?I was talking to my dealer before they closed about ordering a Mountain Max.I wish I could test ride one.

Tell me more about the Alpha.Your whole experience with it,off and on trail if you dont mind?I was talking to my dealer before they closed about ordering a Mountain Max.I wish I could test ride one.
The Alpha is Narrow body its noticeable compared to a Sidewinder and way better than a old Viper. Feels like a Doo or Polaris knee wise. So easy to move around on. The one I rode a couple times is a Hardcore so it had the QS3 shocks with Lockout. HardCore 153 I believe. The throttle and clutch response is instant. That stood out right away. I have never ridden a sled that felt so connected to my thumb. I only took it up to 60mph on the trail but even at that speed it handled very well and was great in the bumps. Trail we were on had 4ft banks straight up and down with trees lining sides. Even at 40mph you could easily just pop right up those banks I did that 3 or 4 times cause it just was unbelievable. Didnt even seem to need to lean. Then when off the trail you could stop and the instant you touch the throttle the skiis are up out of the snow and you move. I could lean the thing over in any conditions. So light! There isnt much to say about the offtrail since I could not get it stuck in the snow we were in either time I rode it. Not saying it wont happen I am sure it will. The track never had snow packed in the whole thing like all the other sleds did. It rolled out right away. If I could afford a Mountain Max I would rather have that but I am just a beginner off trail guy and never rode mountains other than the hills the UP MI has. The off trail group here at TY has got me hooked though and I have watched them really become skillful at it. I think the Venom is perfect for what I want to do. Learn a new part of the sport!

I'm wondering why you would buy the Vennom when you could get the same thing in a different color for a whole lot less?

Supporting Yamaha,like the color and who says I could get the Cat for less! I never said what I paid for the Venom and I won't. So you better actually check prices.

Pretty much every TY member would buy the Yamaha version to support Yamaha and their dealers over Cat.

We tend to be Yamaha cheerleaders here on TY.

Retro.jpg

Just think if Yamaha added women like that as potential customers of the Venom along with teenagers and ugly beginners like me! Could you imagine those three in a video review. All they would need to do is take helmet off and let hair out. #1 in sled sales within minutes! Or maybe its this isolation getting best of me!

I think that Jaret should follow your advice. It could be the marketing coup that Yamaha needs right now.

Back