• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Thundercat with tune question about clutching

yamadooman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 SRX
I have a 2022 Thundercat with the new ADAPT primary.. For those running a 270 tune, are you doing anything besides adding weight to the primary? Do I need to do anything with the secondary? Planning on going with the Hurricane bundle.. thanks in advance..

I have a 2022 Thundercat with the new ADAPT primary.. For those running a 270 tune, are you doing anything besides adding weight to the primary? Do I need to do anything with the secondary? Planning on going with the Hurricane bundle.. thanks in advance..
Hey Yamadooman,
Dave didn't mention any need to change anything in the secondary clutch, just the primary weights, BOV and add a 3 bar map sensor for the 240 and 270 tunes.
I went the same route and got the 3 tune bundle along with gauge cluster flash for 225, 240 and 270 for both SM & PM tunes. I also purchased the 3 bar map sensor, upgraded Turbosmart BOV, closed loop AFR, Dalton QA3 adjustable primary weights and Hurricane stock trail muffler. I spoke with Dave on the phone and he said right now he only has the clutching completed for the 270 tune for the adapt clutching. Dalton has some brand new QA3 weights for the Cat Adapt clutch and Dave said as soon as he gets some snow on the ground he'll start testing the new weights and get me the weight configurations for the 240 and 270 tunes for the new arms. For now I'm going to run the 225 tune till he gets the weights dialed in.

Back