• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'22 LTX GT EPS has same dual rate springs as lowered Thundercat/SRX?

Excellent description! Thank you for taking the time to spell this out. Side note, my source was also using terminology in an effort to dumb it down for me. lol

LOL.. I get the sense that he was talking 'in general' not specifics.

From the Technical Update just posted. Seems 2023 all have the same torsion springs now...
8JX-G7474-10-00 and
8JX-G7473-10-00

1671572608382.png

It appears that with an 85-degree bend and .405" wire diameter they have gotten away from the lower ride height for the SRX. I bought some SRX/Thundercat torsion springs at the end of last season to lower my ride height. They were 100-degree bend with .405" diameter wire (less preload than what came on my 17 LTX SE but thicker wire diameter).

My stock 17 LTX SE torsion springs are 94-degrees with .394 wire diameter.
The stiffer torsion springs on the 2015 Viper LTX SE that I had were 94-degrees with .405" wire diameter.
It appears they have gone back to the stiffer spring rate with even more preload then the 2015 Viper had.

It appears that with an 85-degree bend and .405" wire diameter they have gotten away from the lower ride height for the SRX. I bought some SRX/Thundercat torsion springs at the end of last season to lower my ride height. They were 100-degree bend with .405" diameter wire (less preload than what came on my 17 LTX SE but thicker wire diameter).

My stock 17 LTX SE torsion springs are 94-degrees with .394 wire diameter.
The stiffer torsion springs on the 2015 Viper LTX SE that I had were 94-degrees with .405" wire diameter.
It appears they have gone back to the stiffer spring rate with even more preload then the 2015 Viper had.
They also tweaked the rear skid when they went to the newest spindles? Or are compensating for the sag induced by the taller ride height of the new spindles? Its almost never as simple in that skid as a guy thinks. They make changes all the time and it might be mid production year even.

Back