• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 07 phazers = 3 no starts! any help??

snopro442

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
mod 08 nytro, 2-2007 phazers and a 2010 sno pro 500 speedwerx exterminator. new 2014 nytro for towing the snowcoach. 2015 Viper mpi turbo
I took my 3 phazers out of storage about 2 months ago, charged the batteries and they ran great. Now I go to start them and all 3 will will not start, they turn over, you can smell the gas but they wont even putter. I pulled the plugs on one of them and they are wet, plugged them into the coil and laid them down and they sparked pretty good. So should I try new plugs and see what happens or ????? I took the one battery to appleton power sports and they said the battery is good.(see my post from last night) any help would be great.

your sure are unlucky.

I would get new plugs for one of the sleds and see if it starts up before buyng 3 pairs of plugs.

Is the gas over a month old?If so dump it into your car or truck and put fresh in sled.Pull the dipstick and smell it.If it smells like gas change the oil.Then put new plugs in and run it for a good 1/2hr even if just in yard.

I think we all need to submit to the fact that Yamahas like to be stored inside, nice and warm. LOL.

martin63092 said:
MikeWalters said:
I think we all need to submit to the fact that Yamahas like to be stored inside, nice and warm. LOL.

not true, mine was parked inside my warm garage for a week just befor i sinked her and today she didnt start!
Wow, unlucky you!

Not sure WHY these Phazers will crank over easily but not fire.

Mine cranks at 270rpm then fires at 300rpm. Been good since plug change.

-20c yesterday and started fine. 15 seconds of crank for sure, but did start.

I will have to wait til monday and go to the dealer for a set of plugs and go from there, my nytro started right up and is ready to go and now this, I have never had any issues with the phazers til now. hopefully it is just the gas and a set of plugs,

Phazers are suppose to sense bad, or low octane fuel, and re-tard the timing accordingly. I really think this is what is giving these guys problems, then maybe fouling plugs while trying.
Really hope for the best for you guys.
Mike.

spike337 said:
Phazers are suppose to sense bad, or low octane fuel, and re-tard the timing accordingly. I really think this is what is giving these guys problems, then maybe fouling plugs while trying.
Really hope for the best for you guys.
Mike.

so if my sled is half premium and half regular this will cause the sled not to start?

old gas and fouled plugs - you probably started them and then shut them down without getting them hot - plugs will foul and the old gas makes it worse - if you change the plugs it will start. i've done it before and the plugs fixed it.

In the spring I top the tank off and pour some of Yamahas fuel stabilizer, then i let it run for 10-15 mins to get it everywhere in the system. In october When i go to start it up i prime and go. has started within 5 secconds every year so far. New plugs at the end of every season.

I dont think that the sensor can compensate to the point that bad gas with work flawlessly, bad gas is bad gas.

Parked for a week with bad gas?
I dropped mine off at the dealer last fall, it was hard to start, but it did. I warmed it up good, loaded it and a half hour later when i got to the dealer it took even longer to start. Last years gas.

Get a 09' computer? Man the early sleds seem to have trouble starting. I didn't have one issue with my 09' taking more than 3-4 seconds to start, even at -15*f. They DO foul plugs easy if you just start them up and shut them off right away!!! IF started they should at minimum be run until the "warmup" light goes off, but preferably at least 5 minutes. Then again mine has a starting issue now, it doesn't want to turn over with a rod thru the block, I'm having the dealer look into that. :D

Back