• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7000 CAT STALLING

Mitch Desorcy

MAX PRO
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX SE
Hi guys, my son rides a 7000 cat. He liked the cat orange. No one is perfect lol. But his sled constantly stalls. Goes a few miles then stalls. Shuts the key off and restarts every time. It was happening before reflash and is happening after reflash. His dealer can't figure it out. Any information would be great guys.

Throttle cable too tight possibly causing the tps to cut out the engine. Did he put on different riser? I know I had to adjust my cable after I changed my riser as it would cut out my engine on occasion when turning and letting off the throttle. Adjusted the cable and the problem went away. Hopefully it something simple.

yah something is up, ive never had mine stall

Mine did that too. It's the throttle cable adjustment. 1000 miles later and not one problem.

x3 Adjust throttle cable. on these sleds the motor shuts off when throttle override kicks in.

Ok, I adjusted the cable and still stalls. When I check the diagnostic screen on the gauge it reads O for the tps. So does my Viper. But when I check the fuel pump ohms my viper reads 55 ohms and his read 28 ohms. could this be the issue??

Ok, I adjusted the cable and still stalls. When I check the diagnostic screen on the gauge it reads O for the tps. So does my Viper. But when I check the fuel pump ohms my viper reads 55 ohms and his read 28 ohms. could this be the issue??

Yes. Look at wires coming out of pump under seat. If not positioned right the seat breaks them. If that's problem well done catching it!

Back