• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

999 Rotax

74Nitro

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 Sidewinder LTX
New out in the Maverick R with 240HP.
I would say this will find a home in next years sled line up.

New out in the Maverick R with 240HP.
I would say this will find a home in next years sled line up.
Yes, they are filling the void that Yamaha provided for them. Sales at BRP could increase when it appears in their sleds due to the void the 998 left. It's interesting that they were quick to respond that fast to the market change, unlike Yamaha over the years.

I wonder how physically large it is. I saw some stuff in the video with some external hook ups that make it seem wide.

I expect Doo to drop a more powerful 4 stroke for 2025 or 2026. This 999 with a CVT will likely fit the bill. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 999 N/A version as well, just to simply manufacturing.

With Yamaha exiting, there is likely 4-5% more market share up for grabs.

It will be interesting to see what Cat does in the "fastest sled on snow" market. They held or had a share of the crown for a loooooong time.

I for one do not look forward to paying thirty grand when this 999 comes out in a machz platform again.

It will be interesting to see what Cat does in the "fastest sled on snow" market. They held or had a share of the crown for a loooooong time.
Yeah hopefully its another motor similar to the 998. If its a twin Im not interested.

It’s been 8 years the sidewinder motor has been out , basically obsolete by Yamaha standards. Skidoo just getting to the plate & yet to produce a sled . Shows how far ahead Yamaha is making 4 strokes & could still could be in the 2 stroke market . Really heartbreaking if you have riden Yamaha s for the last 20 years and will be taking a step back if you purchase a sled beyond 2025 .

Last edited:
It’s been 8 years the sidewinder motor has been out , basically obsolete by Yamaha standards. Skidoo just getting to the plate & yet to produce a sled . Shows how far ahead Yamaha is making 4 strokes & could still could be in the 2 stroke market . Really heartbreaking if have riden Yamaha s for the last 20 years and will be taking a step back if you purchase a sled beyond 2025 .
Yamaha is nothing like they used to be unless you are into bikes.

All their remaining stuff is old as dirt and barely gets any updates, yxz, yfz, raptor, wave runners (maybe), utility atvs.

They have gotten lazy in all other segments and it shows.

Yamaha quality even their motors is not anywhere where it used to be.

1100 Suzuki is a tougher better built motor capable of more hp than the 998.

Back