• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A 11' Apex/XTX?

Seen the pics, looks just like an Apex with a few new lines. I have the pics if I can post them.

The motor might take some of the best parts from the new R1 motor. The tail light is from the crotch rockets.

Post the pics here. You have to be a member of HCS to view those pics. Though i guess it would not be a big deal to join.

That's a pretty funny sled right there. A heavier Apex with a few more ponies and power steering to be the flag ship for the next 5 years. Yamaha is in for some more rough years if this is what they have coming down the pipe. Its sad to see a company with so much technology at thier disposal make bad desisions like this that could ultimitly be their demise. In my opinion they should be doing what Ski-Doo did in the 90s to get themselves reborn. Whatch what the top dog does, do it better and stand behind the product. I work with another Japanese company with the same mentality as Yamaha. Could easly be on the top but choose not to. Sorry for the rant guys I just find it hard to take.

T

Yeah, its dissapointing so far if thats what they have for a "game changer". I will be keeping my XTX for at least 2 more years, (10,000 miles). But in the mean time may pick up another sled, either a short track "snocross" sled or a true mountain sled, and as of right now I just dont think I would be giving Yami any of my money. The sleds I think are hot right now are:

AC Sno Pro 500

AC HCR 800

SkiDoo BackCountry 800

AC M8 Sno Pro

SkiDoo 800 E-Tech

AC Z1 Turbo Ext

Yamaha MTX SE

Polaris RUSH........maybe?

The way I look at it from a Yamaha salesmen perspective is. We sell way more vectors, nytros and phazers than apex's. To be honest the high horsepower sleds make up very small part of the sleds sold every year. so to say just because yammie does'nt do a 180 horse sled that it will be there demise is just plan ignorant. IMO Would it be nice yes will it end them with out one no. We all love the reliabilty and know when we go to ride our sleds are ready. Not to mention a 180 HP yammie would be 15,000$ everyone on here would just bitch that it cost to much any way. so whats the point? all the lake racers of the world will never be happy with what they have stock so buy an apex spend 5 G's on a turbo and have a 250HP sled.

That's probably true in some regions but up here I don't think I've ever seen a vector. Also I don't think power is the problem with Yamaha sleds... if they could drop 50lbs and keep them strong the power to weight ratio should be better than making these heavier and just adding more power to solve the problem. As it is the Nytro chasis is porky and weak to boot. The old chasis is at least strong but the old school styling and sit down doesn't even make it close to being current with most younger riders.
T

Over at the Doo camp, thier talk is about the Summit contest and a possible turbo 1200.

stopdropanroll said:
mach9 said:
Over at the Doo camp, thier talk is about the Summit contest and a possible turbo 1200.

800 E-TECH is a for sure thing I know that. It will be in stores by the end of the month.
I am not going to trade the nytro in, but i think the 800 etec will be a really nice sled.

Back