• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A Guy *thinks* ECP fried cylinders

rhoah,
Tell this dude to go fly a kite.
If he threatens you with court then simply print this thread, send it to him and say go right ahead...and tell him to make sure he has the parts for Freddie and your lawyer to inspect.
(mighty nice of you Freddie)

This guy does not have a leg to stand on. Used sled, throws a turbo on HIMSELF and then blames you when he launches the motor???
Tell him good luck seeing a penny out of you...
Just move on....the guy is a moron...

I put 800 miles on a ecp kit and then put a turbo on and it ran perfect. A local guy put a turbo on and ran 12 lbs on trail bought gas , it only made one tank before blowing up. Also what was the mileage when you sold it untill now.

He probobly didnt rejet when he added the turbo and shattered the pistons!

My old rx warrior (which my brother is now riding has almost 4000 miles and could still eat a F7 for breakfast!! and get 16-18mpg..

I blew the motor in my Supercharged camaro last year.. Boost does some nasty stuff to an engine with improper jetting and or too much boost or compression!!

After all the comments on here I feel much better, but wish nothing would have happened to the sled. Like I said I was looking forward to watching it run with the turbo. I put the ECP kit on at around 500 miles when I changed oil the second time. Then I ran it with the kit for another thousand miles. So it only had 1501 miles on it when I sold it. I feel the kit does as advertised and did no damage to the motor.

If he wasn't trying to put the blame on you, it would be much easier to feel bad for him, or to even offer to help him out in some way. But when someone blindly throws the blame on someone else without anything to back it up, its time to wash your hands of it and stand back.

Jim

Don't give him anything PERIOD!!! If he wouldn't have modified the sled in any way, then I think a lot of guys on this site, if it happened to them, would feel bad enough and want to chip in with this problem. Hell, I know I would. The fact is he modded the sled and THEN blew it up. That's his baby. Just sold my MM700 the other day and if it comes back pooched in a week or so I would feel compelled to help out. BUT, if he modded the thing after I sold it to him, how can I be held accountable??? Ask yourself this question. I think you already know the answer. YOU'RE NOT!!!
TFG

Back