• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

aftermarket exhaust for rtx?

ERIC

Iam a new comer to yamaha , have always been a ski doo fan . I have a rtx ordered and want a exhaust that is not obnoxious but will bring out the crotch rocket sound of the four stroke , based on the rx1 anyone have a recomendation , on the trail I have heard a couple that sounded great a many that sounded lousy when the throttle got wacked.

i would imagine any rx1 exhaust would work...with minor changes to tips.....but not sure. i am guessing that there will be a couple of companies that have exhausts out before next season...especially mpi...and bender-for all the mtn dudes puttin turbos and chargers on them

The Apex exhaust is a completely new design over the RX-1 exhaust and they will not interchange. Also MPI DOES NOT recommend anything but the stock exhaust for their superchargers on the RX-1 and I believe they will want the stock exhaust on the Apex as well.

Places to look for aftermarket Apex exhaust in the coming months.

-White Knuckle Performance
-Bender Racing
-Maxximum Performance
-Hauck Powersports
-MBRP
-Xcel Motorsports
-MPI

im gonna try a hauck next season on my attak, my dealer has one and it sounds even more like a streetbike than my bender does, although i still love the sound of the bender

cowboy, any idea on how the quality of the hauck compares to the Bender? I was really impressed with my bender.

my bender held up awsome untill the track ballooned and put a crack in the pipe, the hauck looks like a very nice piece, i spoke with mack at mpi and he said they proably wouldnt put out a pipe as loud as the bender/mpi pipe is now, which disapoints me. Attached is a pic of the hauck rx1 pipe

Attachments

• cpi1167000000-250.jpg
    cpi1167000000-250.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 733
thanks for the tips on aftermarket exhaust . Not being technically savy enough to answer this myself , is there performance reasons why a set of yoshamira bike slipons couldnt be used with proper piping to the rear,in place of the stock muffler,other than the obvious fit up with body work hurdles .

Eric, keep this in mind.
Exhausts like the Hauck have packing and it needs to be replaced every 1 or 2 seasons (guessing here based on motorcycles)

The White Knuckle and I think the Bender and Maxximum are baffled which means they wont need anything especially if they are stainless steel.

New chasis on the Apex, plus some mention of a 4 into 2 into 1 design I think they said, so an RX wont fit. I dont think you will see the new ones before Dec, but by Jan for sure you should have several choices.

Rx1 cowboy said:
im gonna try a hauck next season on my attak, my dealer has one and it sounds even more like a streetbike than my bender does, although i still love the sound of the bender
I am with you cowboy,i was looking at haucks site and he list a partial exhaust for the rx1 for $500.00 and it adds 9 hp sweet and if you get his complete exhaust and mod cdi box you can have 16hp for $1,200.00 not bad for what you are getting,but this was for the rx1,and i would bet the apex model gets less hp and costs more to produce,but time will tell... going to be a long summer.. :eek:

do you know for sure if the hauck is pacekd or baffled, my diesel muffler is very small and it still has baffles in the form of a radial tube with holes drilled in it with a second offset plate behind the first

I called Hauck last dec and they told me it was packed.
The Excel I think is also, but I think one of them has screws which is better than drilling out rivits. I dont mind packing it on my bike, but it is right there. On a sled gotta pull the seat and perhaps pull the muffler.

Call hauck just to make sure, I do not want to give out any bad info.

Aftermarket claims are not always correct. You almost need to do a before and after dyno. That is what I found on car mods anyway.

Hauck pipe

I ordered my RTX from Hauck powersports and Pat told me that their pipe will add 5ponies and cut about 10lbs. Their trail clutch kit will give you 4-5 lengts in 500 feet. The kit goes on all the sleds they sell.

If Haucks pipe gives you 1-2 HP I,d smile all the way to the bank. I dont think it will and clutch kit is unknown to be giving out those specs.

Back