• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Alternate to fan reversal?

Jon Boron

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper XTX SE
I'm new to the Viper and overall like the sled from the one ride I took the end of last season. I've spent the balance of the summer bolting on a few things and tweaking all things people before me have found. Not too thrilled with how the radiator dumps hot air right at the intake but didn't like the idea of reversing the fan which in certain conditions might make the sled run hotter than it should. Instead I've added some shields to push the air off to the sides and out through the hood vents. Under the front of the fan I added a piece of thin gage aluminum (directly above the frog skin intake). For the gap between the airbox and the bulkhead, I trimmed a piece of rubber (from a 28" tractor tube tire I've been using forever) and secured to the airbox using three of the screws. I didn't put any rubber to the left side by the coolant reservoir as there is less of a gap.
Upside: Simple, cheap, no wiring or switches needed
Potential downside: may restrict airflow some as it has to go over/around the ledge that meets the center of the fan. Need some snow to test it out! I'll see if I can post some pics.
Deflector 1.jpg
Deflector 2.jpg
Deflector 3.jpg
Deflector 4.jpg
Deflector 5.jpg

Attachments

• Deflector 4.jpg
    Deflector 4.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 55

Back