• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Am I the only one?

nytrose

Pro
Dear Yamaha:

Im trying really hard to like my sled,but the more miles i put on the more im finding the opposite and the fact that i may have to become honest with myself. I have almost 1000 miles of seat time. I've had lots of sleds in my lifetime but never this many issues with the same one.

All my buddies run 2 stroke and its not like they are cutting the sled up but i know that they see it, and more important, and whats got me somewhat dissapointed is im expierencing it.

I'm trying so hard to like this sled and i mean that,but maybe i need to trade it in.
Rode 2 strokes all my life,love yamaha,gave this sled a good go made all adjustments to suspension as per members on this site,but there is still more things i dont like about this sled than i do like.Why? Is it just me or are there others

track noise is terrible on the trail,humming at high speeds.
tunnel iceing is almost embarassing,and could be dangerous,and also contributes to the track noise.
frozen knees riding in -28C,
frozen fingers despite yamaheater which by the way is a huge improvement
little storage
handling,darting is terrible,im almost sure its because of the weight over the skiis. (running 144 studs with 6 in. carbide)
heavy steering sore shoulders
skiis too narrow sink in a little powder
sub-frames bending
reverse handle is awkward and cumbersome
the weight of this sled is noticeable, contrary to what i have read in the magazines before i bought it. To me im scared to take it off a beaten path.

What i love about this sled.
it looks sexy
it pulls like frieght train
it sounds awesome.
ergonomics are awesome.

Am I the only one?

Disappointed in Canada.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 89

Man if its not for you its not for you! Simple different stokes for different folks!

X2....understand that you spent good money on a snowmobile that should ride better. But no snowmobile brand is perfect. I would rather put money into aftermarket suspension parts to make my sled ride better than have to worry about replacing rings and pistons every 2500 miles. Sometimes a different pair of ski's will go a long ways. They make saddle and tank bags. Different drivers will take care of the track noise. You can close off the rear tunnel and/or remove tunnel protector to reduce ice build up. Reverse sometimes wont engage really easy, but just be glad you have it. Talk to Hygear or pioneer about a revalve and spring package, you cant go wrong with them. just my .02

nplathe said:
X2....understand that you spent good money on a snowmobile that should ride better. But no snowmobile brand is perfect. I would rather put money into aftermarket suspension parts to make my sled ride better than have to worry about replacing rings and pistons every 2500 miles. Sometimes a different pair of ski's will go a long ways. They make saddle and tank bags. Different drivers will take care of the track noise. You can close off the rear tunnel and/or remove tunnel protector to reduce ice build up. Reverse sometimes wont engage really easy, but just be glad you have it. Talk to Hygear or pioneer about a revalve and spring package, you cant go wrong with them. just my .02

I respect your comments and I think you understand what im trying to convey.I'm just being honest with myself about a purchase I made thats been rather dissapointing on many levels.I'm not saying all this to get sympathy or to knock a brand just wondering how many guys who bought one of these sleds regret it and how many are willing to admit it.
So your saying basically skiis,sadle bags,drivers,tunnel close off,revalve shocks and a spring package. My cost of ownership just went up what 1500-2000 bucks? Thats fine, but isn't that excessive for a 13,000 dollar sled thats advertised to do the opposite??? And it may not be for me thats fine too, different stokes,I can sell it im sure. I'm just curious why some of you like this sled.

Honestly,I never heard a guy who bought a rough trail sled worry about how loud the track is on a trail. Sounds like you bought the wrong sled. If not,Change skis and dial the rear in. It will work for what its made to do,RIDE IT HARD!

Just wait till the reverse handle breaks off in your hand, then your going to really be mad!

add some wind protection and tune your suspension...change out to some real skis..do the block off plate to reduce tunnel icing...you got a hot looking hot running bump sled that has a motor to love....

nytrose said:
North mostly Huntsville,Haliburton,Pembroke

i live in pembroke!!! lol and i hate my nytro... its been down for 3 weekends now b.c i hit a railroad track, getting sub frame this week aparently, been riding my srx (which i love) but the srx wasnt intended for the type of riding i do with the nytro, i broke w frame on it last sunday but picked it up last night and shees ready to go. but when my nytro is up and running it is my soulmate lol, love hate relationship lmao

I sympathise with you Nytrose. At the end of last year, I was ready to drive my FX into a tree. After a summer to think things over, I decided to work with this sled. I've owned over 40 sleds in my life and never had issues like I had with and took it as a challenge to make something out of my Nytro and glad I did. First, I installed a 136 kit from Tracks usa. Then drivers went into the trash. Replaced front ball joints, installed machined tie rod ends, pilot skis, 4" riser and several hours of tinkering with front and rear suspension. I agree that you shouldn't have to spend this much time and money on a full production trail sled even if it is sold as a bump sled, but it is what it is. I love my slend now and am confident enough to start looking at performance upgrades. Don't give up! This sled rocks. It might not do 120 mph but is a blast to ride, gets great mpg, looks hot and most all will always get you home and that engine will outlast any chassis made today. Stay loose and work withit, there's a great sled hiding in there even if Yamaha is not sure how to find it! :die

i think somebody hacked your ty account and made a post on here.

reverse handle is awkward and cumbersome - whoever hacked your account has quite a sense of humor.

lol

well either you can't read or u like to whine.
See the doo is about 2g more, so in my eyes you get 2g to play with to make it better.
2nd, everyone on here says the skis and drivers suck, so change them.
i mean skis and drivers almost beat hyflex wear as topics on this forum.

granted everyone in my family thinks im nuts for doing it, but i dumped 2k on my sled before i even rode it. new skis, undertunnel, wheels you name it. almost EVERY issue i saw on here, i corrected before my sled hit the snow.
granted ALOT of it yami should already do, but they dont, so its up to us.

your in control commander. either fix it, or sell it. no amount of whining is going to make yamaha magically fix it for you.

oh and yamahahahaha....you are lucky your in canada....otherwise your chiropractor would be the one hahaing all the way to the bank with your money. down here srx suspensions double as spinal compressors!!
i wish our trails were as nice as canada!!

nytrose said:
nplathe said:

I respect your comments and I think you understand what im trying to convey.I'm just being honest with myself about a purchase I made thats been rather dissapointing on many levels.I'm not saying all this to get sympathy or to knock a brand just wondering how many guys who bought one of these sleds regret it and how many are willing to admit it.
So your saying basically skiis,sadle bags,drivers,tunnel close off,revalve shocks and a spring package. My cost of ownership just went up what 1500-2000 bucks? Thats fine, but isn't that excessive for a 13,000 dollar sled thats advertised to do the opposite??? And it may not be for me thats fine too, different stokes,I can sell it im sure. I'm just curious why some of you like this sled.

I'm feeling your pain, I just went from a STOCK 06 MXZ 600 SDI, and this sled could do anything you wanted it to, at around 475 LBS it was awsome to ride. However every time I left the house I was wondering went it was going to blow up or have electrical problems no-one could fix.

I just put 150 miles on my used 09 Nytro Fx RE , we just had 12" of snow some the trails are not packed well at all, there seems to be too much torque for the short track in powder which the guy told me when I bought it, my sled has the pilot skis, the suspenion done by Pioneer, shield done for exhaust and new no slip drivers. So yes it was sucked up $2000.00

It seems like should run trails very well but I do miss the REV I can tell you that.

I find my clutch very noisy and sled seems to have a few rattles does that sound normal to anyone else?

This engine better be worth it....

J

Back