• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AmsOil Vs. Yamalube

over here ams is just about 10.00 a quart...I bought mobil one for 5.00 on clearance

5w-20- Mobil 1 at wal mart. I use it in everything that burns gas...the diesels get shell rotella t. Been running it in the sleds since 2002 (fall) after the first oil change on the rx-1's, and now in the Vector and Apex. Zero issues. I then run the used mobil 1 in my chains saws for bar oil...no bar wear at all for years (and we have a sawmill and make lumber, so I use em a lot). Also, speaking of sawmill, I have a Lucas Mill with a 27 hp Kohler. After the first oil change at 100 hours, I switched it to Mobil 1 5-20. The max rpm at wot was about 3500 on the digital tach (sawing rpm..no load)..this is no bull. After switching to mobil 1, no other changes at all..just oil change, the engine runs 3780 rpm..I have since had to turn the screw throttle in half a turn to reduce rpms to 3600...but just changing oil I gained almost a couple hundred rpm...saw starts far quicker too...just some stuff I've seen personally.

SumpBuster said:
5w-20- Mobil 1 at wal mart. I use it in everything that burns gas...the diesels get shell rotella t. Been running it in the sleds since 2002 (fall) after the first oil change on the rx-1's, and now in the Vector and Apex. Zero issues. I then run the used mobil 1 in my chains saws for bar oil...no bar wear at all for years (and we have a sawmill and make lumber, so I use em a lot). Also, speaking of sawmill, I have a Lucas Mill with a 27 hp Kohler. After the first oil change at 100 hours, I switched it to Mobil 1 5-20. The max rpm at wot was about 3500 on the digital tach (sawing rpm..no load)..this is no bull. After switching to mobil 1, no other changes at all..just oil change, the engine runs 3780 rpm..I have since had to turn the screw throttle in half a turn to reduce rpms to 3600...but just changing oil I gained almost a couple hundred rpm...saw starts far quicker too...just some stuff I've seen personally.

good post and good idea! I'll use mine in my chainsaw as well!

Rotella T is getting to be a popular motorcycle oil. Some of the additives for handling diesel are also good for wet clutches.

My BMW has a dry clutch so I just use regular oil.

Royal purple is my diesel truck now as of yesterday and it is running smoother already. I think I may have found my next oil this stuff seems to be very good.

Sled Dog said:
Royal purple is my diesel truck now as of yesterday and it is running smoother already. I think I may have found my next oil this stuff seems to be very good.

amen...for a couple bucks more I'm going to purple power...

I will love to see amsoil through the same test,i read the article and really like that kind of information.I think I will have to wait for a other oil test to see amsoil result.

A New Oil

I spoke with a dealer the other day about lubrication. Here in AK we are sometimes having to start our machines in -40 degrees. For what it is worth he told me that Yamaha is coming out with a new synthetic cold weather oil that will address these problems mentioned as well as making extreme cold weather starting much easier on the engines.

Who knows?

Did I ever tell you that I use KLOTZ ??? in EVERYTHING that Ive got????

Wholly crap talk about raising a thread from the dead!!

AMS oil has totally changed since this thread started. Always has been great oil, now it’s arguably one of the best you can buy IMO.

I hate amsoil. But it proves to be good oil. For what it's worth. There all good oils. Check out the link above. Project farm does a fantastic job comparing alot of the oils you guys have thoughts about....

Wasn't at one time Yamalube was made by Citgo until Mr. Cavass or whatever his name was died?
But here in Superior Wi where they manufacture Amsoil but they don't have there own Refinery.
They buy there base stock from guess who?
That's right comes right from Houston Tx from Mobile in 30,000 gal tank cars. work for
How I know this is I work for the Rail Road that delivers them and personally spotted these cars these cars to them

Back