• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another poll...this is for everyone with a sidewinder

What is your Center to Center distance?

• Total voters
Add 2 more non-blowing belt C to C distances to the mix....but they aren't members here (told them to get on TY, but they are not good with computers).

2017 137 SW, stock flash, Big Venom clutch kit, orange spring set at 2-3, gates CF belt with 2,890 miles this season on same belt. C to C is 265.3mm. Offset is 61.0mm

2017 129 SW, EVO stage 3 flash, Big Venom clutch kit, orange spring set at 1-3, stock 8JP belt......same belt, 1,700 miles. C to C measured 265.6mm. Offset is 60.8mm

I wish we could get 50 plus votes to get a more accurate grip on this.
Where is everybody?

Most SW owners maybe dont have the knowledge or experience to be able to give accurate info on this. I have not had a belt blowing problem so I really have not had the time to even measure this as I was not overly concerned. Its getting late enough in the season the traffic is starting to die off as well.

Don’t worry Mr. Sled I will still be checking in as I spend my spring and summer on the lake fishing drinking and TY

Update on my belt season.

2800 miles one belt. Great working clutches and the dalton springs and helix still shift great

261.5 center to center on my 129. Can't get over 1000 miles on a belt. 400-500 miles on belts unless I put it in cruiser mode. Been playing with offset and seems the best temps come from the low end of the specs. Looks like a summer project to make the center distance longer.

261.5 center to center on my 129. Can't get over 1000 miles on a belt. 400-500 miles on belts unless I put it in cruiser mode. Been playing with offset and seems the best temps come from the low end of the specs. Looks like a summer project to make the center distance longer.

Same exact issue here. Let's collaborate.

265mm and haven’t blown a belt, the last 400 km I’ve been running the 8DN belt just to see how it works and one thing I noticed was on my sled I don’t have to adjust the deflection for this belt, it’s has the proper 8dn ride height in the secondary. I found this rather interesting as most guys have to adjust the deflection for this belt.
Well I gotta change my vote to belt blower and my center to center is between 265 and 266mm.
I was on a trip in Northern Manitoba where you have great conditions for WOT runs. With the 8JP belt I can destroy them in seconds at 180 km/hr. Sled won’t go over that speed as the belt is bottomed in secondary clutch.

Now throw on the 8DN belt and instantly 12km/hr increase in top end and now runs 192 km/hr on top end. It’s just tad longer than the 8JP and I can see the 8DN rides higher on my primary clutch.

My sled is the xtx Le 137 with 1.75 backcountry track

2018 LTX_SE 1583 miles on original 8JP belt. 144 studs, TP 33/35 helix and orange spring set at 2-3, Center to center is at best 262mm. Offset is 61.849 one washer .030 thick. belt width is 1.345"

Well I gotta change my vote to belt blower and my center to center is between 265 and 266mm.
I was on a trip in Northern Manitoba where you have great conditions for WOT runs. With the 8JP belt I can destroy them in seconds at 180 km/hr. Sled won’t go over that speed as the belt is bottomed in secondary clutch.

Now throw on the 8DN belt and instantly 12km/hr increase in top end and now runs 192 km/hr on top end. It’s just tad longer than the 8JP and I can see the 8DN rides higher on my primary clutch.

My sled is the xtx Le 137 with 1.75 backcountry track

More of a gearing issue, than a belt issue.

More of a gearing issue, than a belt issue.
I agree, never had this issue till I got on snow conditions where I could really open it up for top end runs.
I think I will just shim my helix to allow the secondary to open a bit more and leave it geared 21/41. As I seldom get conditions for those top high speed runs

Last edited:
I agree, never had this issue till I got on snow conditions where I could really open it up for top end runs.
I think I will just shim my helix to allow the secondary to open a bit more and leave it geared 21/43. As I seldom get conditions for those top high speed runs
43 require a longer chain?

Back