• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another Suspension thread....

phibberz

Sorry for yet another suspension thread but I have read through the current post and have tried adjusting some things to help and will try to be specific.

I ride trails 90%+ and own a 09' nytro rtx se...It has C/A skis with single carbides(these were on it when i purchased sled with 300mi) i have put about 1300mi on the sled while trying to tune it in.

I have road this sled for 2 seasons continuing to tweak the sleds suspension/handling for cornering primarily.

I am a 200lb rider and have tightened the limiter strap two holes at a time til completely tight with no significant difference, also have adjusted the front shock dials from entire one side to the other with limited change. I currently am 2 clicks from out and strap completely tightened down.

I have adjusted the toe out to 1/2-3/4" which seems to have limited the darting considerably. My current issue still remains that when on trails traveling at any speed my sled wants to pick up and dosn't allow me to corner with any speed if I don't want to roll the sled.

I have only been riding for a few years and would appreciate any advice on where to start for any help with being able to hold corners better without lift.

Thanks in advance! If I forgot to mention any important info just let me know!

Mike

How tight do you have the springs on the front shocks. That's about the only way left to get your ski pressure but might make it harder steering. I am not to familiar with that suspension because I have a MTX with floats. You sucked the front limiter all the way down and still getting to much lift.

I am out of town now but I will look when I get home. I am about the same as you and ride the same. First thing is on this sled you still have to lean and ride the sled through the corners (no disrespect ment, just saying incase). On my sled I have my floats set at 52psi and it corners great. (Next year I will be adding the hygear kit for bottoming). The other thin dis my straps are almost all the way out and i have C&A razor with 9in shaper bars and no studs. Sorry for being vauge but I am in West VA and don't have my sled or notes but I will take a look when I get home. And don't be sorry. The more people ask the more info gets out there. And there might be new info to provide that won't be in a search.

Just an FYI the RTXSE does have the fox float X double click shocks if that helps with the info. My sled is currently at my riding partners house but I have not adjusted the springs. I do have studs as well. I don't take disrespect to the comment on leaning cause I have learned to lean more and more but even when leaning hard and trying to throttle through the corners I still lift to where I almost lose the sled. So what is a good sweet starting point if I adjust the springs? I will also see what pressure they are at...I have not adjusted those either and I am guessing if we are similar that the 52 mark may be a good starting point. Thanks Guys...Expecting my 2nd child any day then back to riding after that so trying to get things dialed in better for Feb/March for the michigan rides..

Mike

I have noticed that any more than 52 for ride height is real tippy. Your shocks are way better than mine so it should be even better with your float x. I think my center spring has about 1/4 in of threads showing. And my sway bar up front is on the front hole (I think). With your studs you might not want to go all the way out on the straps though.

Leave the rear limit strap at full length, Pull the front strap one hole shorter and set the center shock preload so that there are about four threads under the adjuster. Set the center shock compression 2-3 clicks from full soft and rebound 4-5 clicks from full hard. Set the rear shock compression 3-4 clicks from full soft and the rebound 5-6 from full hard. I'm around 200 lbs and run the torsion springs on medium. I don't have the same front shocks so I cant help you there but I'd start soft and adjust as needed from there. One thing that has been stressed on here is how repositioning the the steering post helps these sleds. It really increases your ability and comfort in handling the Nytro. I've been on a Nytro since 2008 and it wasn't until I installed my own version of a steering relocate that I started to become more comfortable with the handling.

If you're not apposed to spending a bit of money, try either the Star relocate kit or a Zbroz front end. I just installed both of these and it really helped with ski lift.

Thanks

Guys - Thanks for the help...I will start to dial in those settings for the rear for the next trip..

I'll also soften the front up ...I actually have the steering relocator kit but haven't had a chance to put it on and wanted to see what the spindles did alone...

So I'll do those two things and see what happens...Im determined to get this thing handling better...I thoroughly love the motor...power/torque low end as I'm not a high end speed guy but like to go when i want to...

what exactally is the rear limiter strap in the skid supposed to adjust on these sleds anyway is that the weight transfer ?

On the fox float x shocks here is what I did. Too much air pressure sled will push and hook and lift inside ski. Too little air pressure front will push and dart. Raise or lower air pressure by five psi at a time till you find the sweeet spot between push and inside ski lift. For me its at 65 psi. It may be different for you because of rear suspension set up and weight. My sled is stock with tuner skis and rails the corners.

rage man said:
what exactally is the rear limiter strap in the skid supposed to adjust on these sleds anyway is that the weight transfer ?

Teeter totter effect. Sleds pivot on center shock. Yes weight transfer forward when off the gas. Along with compression and rebound settings of shocks. I shortened my rear limiter strap two holes and slowed downthe rebound of the rear shock till rear end of sled didn't kick me going into corners. Makes sled settle into the corners smoother so you can rotate thru the center instead of trying to gather yourself up then turn.

Back