• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another victim of Cat Quality!

These also cover the coolant hose.
Another option if your going to stud.

http://stmpowersports.com/arctic-cat-thundercat-and-yamaha-sidewinder-tunnel-protectors/

I have a set of these that I was going to install on my 1.75" lug XTX , I don't use studs.
They are a real high quality set of protectors and would be quick and simple to install but I ended up not installing them because they hang down at least an inch below the tunnel heat exchangers reducing the clearance for my track[it already leaves rubber marks on the heat exchangers] and they cover a lot of the exchangers causing me concern for cooling efficiency. I just went with the BOP hose protectors and sent the stm kit into my parts heaven to collect dust.

I have a set of these that I was going to install on my 1.75" lug XTX , I don't use studs.
They are a real high quality set of protectors and would be quick and simple to install but I ended up not installing them because they hang down at least an inch below the tunnel heat exchangers reducing the clearance for my track[it already leaves rubber marks on the heat exchangers] and they cover a lot of the exchangers causing me concern for cooling efficiency. I just went with the BOP hose protectors and sent the stm kit into my parts heaven to collect dust.

I also run the 1.75 track. I tighten my track until I when I push up on the inside top of track and it doesnt hit the coolant tubes.
Going to a shorter lug track this summer.
If you lived in the states I would buy those dust collectors from you.

I also run the 1.75 track. I tighten my track until I when I push up on the inside top of track and it doesnt hit the coolant tubes.
Going to a shorter lug track this summer.
If you lived in the states I would buy those dust collectors from you.

LOL...I have a couple PMs already over these. If I was running studs I would install them in a heartbeat as they are a nice kit.

My new driveshaft at the beginning of last season needed 35 ft/lbs to lock it to the bearing. I set it to 50 ft/lbs to be safe, however I removed my shaft tonight and it still spun.
:o|

How many miles did you get on the new shaft.

My new driveshaft at the beginning of last season needed 35 ft/lbs to lock it to the bearing. I set it to 50 ft/lbs to be safe, however I removed my shaft tonight and it still spun.
:o|

Well that’s not good. Did you assemble the wedge and bolt with grease or anti-siege first? Or do it dry?

20200520_074758.jpg
Well that’s not good. Did you assemble the wedge and bolt with grease or anti-siege first? Or do it dry?
I greased it as per Travis' recommendation and I used blue loctite on the threads.

Last spring when doing my maintenance with the rear skid removed I laid next to the sled and was able to push the driveshaft up and down so I knew my shaft was done.

Fast forward to last night, duplicated what I did last year and it was solid so I was happy (wedge still installed).

Once I removed the wedge and driveshaft I noticed it had spun. I'm going to say that the wedge was somewhat working but the shaft someone spun and wore.
20200520_074956.jpg
20200520_075022.jpg

Sorry batteries are dead in my caliper.

Last edited:
View attachment 155507
I greased it as per Travis' recommendation and I used blue loctite on the threads.

Last spring when doing my maintenance with the rear skid removed I laid next to the sled and was able to push the driveshaft up and down so I knew my shaft was done.

Fast forward to last night, duplicated what I did last year and it was solid so I was happy (wedge still installed).

Once I removed the wedge and driveshaft I noticed it had spun. I'm going to say that the wedge was somewhat working but the shaft someone spun and wore.View attachment 155504 View attachment 155505

Sorry batteries are dead in my caliper.
Was that shaft spun before you installed the wedge?

2000 miles

Not what I wanted to hear. I put a knew shaft in and the wedge at the same time last summer. I only logged a thousand miles this past winter on it but mine went in at about 30 lbs. Buddy did 3,000 miles on his. We will be taking things apart soon so hope to find better luck than you had. So if the wedge doesn't do the trick the only thing left is to have them welded and turned down at a shop?

I had the same thing happen on my 2020 SRX.. without actually having the shaft in your hand with the bearing, its a guess to know if its really locking it.

Back