• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another VL question

LLCCD69

Veteran
I remember readin on here that some of u guys changed the ECU on your VL"S is that necessary for real cold starting? The place I bought mine from sux when it comes to telling u about updates or recalls they just wanna see you when u have a fist full of hundreds :o|

I believe there was a cold start update done starting with the 2008 models but not sure what that involved. If you bought yours used, you should be able to get your serial # checked to see what updates have been done. There are also posts on here re the req'd updates.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. The actual update involved replacing the ECU and the decompression springs on the camshaft gear. I had it done and it cut the number of revolutions it takes to start in half no matter the temperature. Some have only replaced the ECU with similar results. The update was to help with starting in below -20c temps.

Are you having starting issues?

Back