• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any high milage SR Vipers out there?

Trailblazergt

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Apex LTX stretched 144
Looking to purchase a 2016 SR Viper X-TX, been on a Apex LTX GT since '08, love to ride....ran up the odometer to 32000 Klms and running, would like to know if anyone has done some milage close to that or more on the Viper and what kind've maintenance issues have ya ran into?

I have almost 9000 km on my 2014 ltx SE. No problems at all to date. Gas and go. Always starts even at -38c. I do change the chain case oil and inspect regularly. I clean the clutches every 1500 km. This sled is by far the most fun and comfortable to ride compared to my previous sleds. I will keep this one for another couple of years. I am hoping for something big in 2018. I was hoping for a factory turbo this year to replace my 2011 Polaris IQ turbo. Not sure what to do with it. It has 16,000 km on it. We will see AC does with the yamaha motor. If they turbo it I will buy it.

Mine just turned 5000 miles. The only time it did not start was Tuesday at 22 below--cranked would not fire. Might have been the high test fuel--I have seen that happen in cars before. Other than that no problems. I even ran the original 8JP belt for 4400 miles.

Over 4600 miles and no issues. Original hyfax went 4000 miles and could have probably gone another 1000

6200 miles on my 14 LTX SE. Only issue I've had is the muffler cracked open but it was replaced on warranty.

Back