• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone else have the cranshaft bearing/ seal fail

Csellors

Veteran
I was in Northrn Manitoba and my sled had no power. I stopped right away and noticed oil covering my primary and secondary as well as the rest of the lower half on the engine. We inspected the sled, the oil was full, the coolant was full, the chaincase was full. Needless to say i limped the sled home stopping very regularly to make sure the fluids were full. I could not tow it over 100 miles back to civilization. My drivebelt is wrecked, my fault i guess, but the $1480 dollar bill i got from the dealer to fix the problem on a 2008 sled is very ridiculous. I am fighting with Yamaha to see if they will cover the bill. Here is to hoping. Anyone else have this problem?

Yamaha is covering all the parts on this matter. Needless to say i am impressed. it is nice to see a munufacturer stand behind their product. Good job Yamaha.

:) great to hear :)

Yamaha is the only manufacturer that I've heard of them replacing motors after warranty period. And I've heard several people tell me this. This and the reliability of there engines in comparison to the others is why I bought a yami and why I will again.

i have had others do it also..........the difference is, for Yamaha its not a common cost. My cousin is a service manager at a BRP dealer, they do it often..............they have to......LOL

Back