• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone put a handlebar riser on apex/attak

sinjin

Expert
Did a search but couldn't find info. Has anyone added a one inch riser to their Attak or apex. Did you just need longer bolts or did you need longer cables as well. How did you like the heigth with the riser?? Thanks, Sinjin

I think i am gonna be putting on a riser off the mtn. apex on mine. Looks like you will pick up about 2", maybe a little more. I heard you needed the mtn. throttle cable too, but i also heard you didn't. I sat on a RTX that had a 2" riser and it was great, he used the stock cables. there is a thread that talks quite a bit about it, but it was a while back.

I installed a powermad pivoting base and 5" riser.
Final tally is 1" above stock, but I also used late kawasaki KX bars for a little less pullback and more width, I love it. More leverage on the bars and my wrists are more comfy.

i installed a 6" mountain machine riser and a rox adapter.giving me 6 3/4" rise total.used all stock cables no problem.

a aftermarket one made by mountain machine is what i have

Attachments

• riser1.JPG
    riser1.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 156
I put on a Isovibe kit made by Grip n Rip Racing products. It raised the bars about and inch and a half plus took out all the shock of the bumps. I love it. Also, I didn't need to change any cables, it bolted right on. That kit also allows you to adjust the height for a little taller also I believe, along with a couple of other adjustments.

Attachments

• 100_2559.JPG
    100_2559.JPG
    530.2 KB · Views: 140

Back