• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone seen the new Rush 800 Pro-R

shanksyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Just wondering if anyone has seen the new offering from polaris in the rough trail catagory... I just got an email about the new poo rush 800 pro-r. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about it.. I hope its got more HP than their current 800...

I think Poo has a bit of convincing to do to its customers to prove the new 800 will hold up trouble free. For now, their 600 seems to be the tried and true powerplant though lacking a bit behind Doo and Yamie for economy.

I was always curious on how well this Rush concept really works. I see more deer then Rushes on our trails which makes it hard to test ride.

Dan

shanksyamaha said:
Just wondering if anyone has seen the new offering from polaris in the rough trail catagory... I just got an email about the new poo rush 800 pro-r. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about it.. I hope its got more HP than their current 800...

how's it look, post some info. in the lounge section

The poo 800 scares me too. My bud's snapped a crank. Zero help from Polaris too. Had the updated mod done to the new cases and rebuilt motor. So far so good.

polaris

I've ridden a 600 and it is a very quick little sled. It is very light an agile. The suspension really didn't have a different feel to me. Yes, I have seen pictures of a pre-production 800. I know they have a ton of problems with the current 800.

Re: polaris

gotta-b-blue said:
I've ridden a 600 and it is a very quick little sled. It is very light an agile. The suspension really didn't have a different feel to me. Yes, I have seen pictures of a pre-production 800. I know they have a ton of problems with the current 800.
I also rode the 600 for a couple of hours thanks to the owner of Extreme powersports in Gaylord MI. Sled handled well but did really know the shock was under the seat just riding it. Power was great for a 600 and handling required a bit more driver input due to its high seat. I would be very afraid of the 800 motor at this time though.

Here's a pic I picked up on the net...I don't know but its not all that appealing! I'd like to try 1 out and see how it handles...

Attachments

• Polaris 800 Rush.jpg
    Polaris 800 Rush.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 100
want to talk about motor trouble... polaris! 3 of 5 rushes that were sold at local yammi/polaris dealership have had a crank sieze. and i saw that one that was already broke was back at dealership today. and i havent heard the best of their 800 on another forum, talking about the 800 rush...

I know the dealer in Gaylord sold 10 out of 12 Rush 600's and with no issues at all. There is still 2 in the showroom.

My buddy is a polaris mechanic he just bought a 600 rush. I also have rode it. It is quick for a 600 and cold like the nytro. I think as a 800 it could be a hand full for some. He has had to replace springs on the exhaust no other problems other then that.

The Polaris 600 engine continues to be a tried and true motor, I had an xc600 for a few years and put 5600 miles on it with not a problem at all.. very reliable without a doubt. As for the 800..... they have some work to do to interest buyers in that one.. Especially if it follows suit with the price and is 13k us. like the 600 rush.

If anyone buys one.. you'll be in my prayers, don't venture to far from camp

:o|

The 600 Rush has no top end (80-85) and is cold to ride. Just got done riding with some Pol 800s. Dragon 121 and Switch. Absolute top end on ice for both 800s is 104. Dreammeter. Not especially quick getting there either. They have the latest and greatest chip burn and the stutter and dead spot is gone but they are SLOW. They also suck gas like there is no tomorrow. About 8-9 mpg US. I cannot believe they pass the EPA rules with this kind of consumption. For the record my Apex was 15 -20 mph faster than the 800 Pols in all conditions. I am stock except for studs just as they were. If I ever won a Pol 800 I would sell it without ever riding it.

Back