• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone tested Shorai batteries

I too am curious to see if these lithium batteries take off, particularly in motorsports...excellent weight savings.

With 155 CCA amps it should work ok, Not so sure when its fully cold. If you leave a battery tender on it, If your not riding it often it would ensure it has a full charge.

Stock battery has 120 CCA.

Just ordered one.5 1/2 lbs ighter than the ytz10s (wich only weighs 7lbs) which we run.

Well I decided to go with the Ballistic EVO 2 Made in USA and not China
It has 410 CCA and is so small and light it doesent feel real. Weight savings does not feel like a word that applies, its more like pulling your battery and putting a feather in its place. :Rockon: Hope it works. The battery next to it in the picture is a 10. I will post an update half way through or at the end of the season on performance.

Attachments

• bat (1024x577).jpg
    bat (1024x577).jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 130
  • bat1 (1024x577).jpg
    bat1 (1024x577).jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 139
Well it starts the sled, but it doesn't turn it over like my $30 Chinese ytz10s. Not sure why because the specs give it more CCA, and more capacity. Think I'll double check my connections.

Oh. And the directions said don't use a tender or trickle charger on it. Said it won't loose charge while stored.

Back