• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone try Ski-Doo hyfax on their Yamaha? I ordered them.

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
I ordered up some Ski-Doo parts today. Going to try their hyfax, cork under the handlebar grip heaters, and the grips.

Going to throw some 5.35" Cat wheels in the suspension along with the Doo hyfax which is slightly wider than the wide factory Yamaha hyfax, (heard from an undisclosed source the Doo hyfax is harder and maybe a bit higher in melting temp. than Yamaha's). Wheels should, (so I hear) help with hyfax wear and eliminate about 75% of the drone we get from the tunnel. More rubber supposedly on the Cat and Polaris wheels cushion the vibration and quash some of the noise thats creating the drone.

Also ordered up the Ski-Doo cork that goes under the grip warmers and the Doo grips that are slightly larger in dia. to go over once the cork is applied under the heater elements. I am going to go back to the fully heated hooked bars if this mod works, (and I'm told it does). Running the 06 bars on my 07 now but of course no heated hooks. I hope it's warm enough as It would be so nice to have them heated and actually work like the hotgrips.

I should know in a week or so how these items perform. Figured I have nothing to loose. The track/exhaust drone is annoying me more and more. The 07 heaters don't work as they are, and we all know about the Yamaha hyfax wear.

Since I put the polaris pro x in my warrior the drone is gone. I also have nice hot hands with AC cross fire bars and grips. Are the doo warmers 3 wire warmers. The cats are and I hooked them for hi med and low all at the same time, and man they get hot, even with soft grips on them. Maxdlx

the stock heaters on all the yamahas can be hooked to a reostat that is fed from the battery and activated by a relay. total cost about 35.00cdn. i have 07 bars on my 05 and you can turn them up so hot that you cant touch them. i ran the 5.35 wheels on my 03 rx, and it did minimize slide wear but the dreaded drone was still there.as for the slides if they are wider they should last longer with more area taking the weight. good luck and keep us updated.

I've also read a article on the "DOO" cork and grip thing keep us posted on the outcome they where saying something on a PATENT "DOO" had on that set-up...

haha i love this kinda topics with us modders switching out parts from other brands its a good thing i am love yamaha's and stand by them and not switch to a other company that you dont have this issues with you get on them and they go. I know all brands have a few pro's and cons but it seems like us yamaha modders end up putting all parts on from other sleds, like skidoo ski's Poo and cat skids and cat handle bars to fix the handwarmer issues and hyfax's and the list goes on and on. Maybe someday with this spartic weather we have here on this planet. Japen will start getting snow and they can ride the sled and they'll see all the issues they never fix :drink:

use slides off the 94-96 v-max they are not as thick it like having larger wheels 4k and still going i also put teflon slides on they work great

grader said:
the stock heaters on all the yamahas can be hooked to a reostat that is fed from the battery and activated by a relay. total cost about 35.00cdn. i have 07 bars on my 05 and you can turn them up so hot that you cant touch them. i ran the 5.35 wheels on my 03 rx, and it did minimize slide wear but the dreaded drone was still there.as for the slides if they are wider they should last longer with more area taking the weight. good luck and keep us updated.

Did you wire that in series with the warmers??? Is it a reostat from a trailing arm sled???

I run the narrow RX-1 Hyfax on my sled.. I get a BUNCH more life out of my hyfax that way...

THe larger slydog bogie wheels help out alot too.. more even wear..

Back