• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex controller/airbox mod

Darren Betker

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex gt
Got an 06 apex gt. 136 conversion, swiss cheese modded exhaust and ulmer clutch kit.
Question is if i do the common air box mod do i HAVE to go with a controller too? Lookin to make as much free power as possible.

Got an 06 apex gt. 136 conversion, swiss cheese modded exhaust and ulmer clutch kit.
Question is if i do the common air box mod do i HAVE to go with a controller too? Lookin to make as much free power as possible.

If you want the most out of the air box mod, yes. You can mod the covers and it will lean them out and I know the 06 are pretty rich.

If you want the most out of the air box mod, yes. You can mod the covers and it will lean them out and I know the 06 are pretty rich.
So is leaning it out with the airbox mod end up doing damage? Or shouldnt the oxygen censor compensate and add more feul?i mean isnt that one of the advantages feul injection has over carbs? Where the computor automatically compensates for air quality/quantity and feul?

These sleds don’t have an O2 sensor. They don’t monitor the exhaust for afr at all. The 06-10 Apex sleds were mapped very rich from the factory. That’s why you can add an airbox mod with no controller and pick up some hp. You are actually correcting a rich condition. Contact a site sponsor like Ulmer Racing for more info.

These sleds don’t have an O2 sensor. They don’t monitor the exhaust for afr at all. The 06-10 Apex sleds were mapped very rich from the factory. That’s why you can add an airbox mod with no controller and pick up some hp. You are actually correcting a rich condition. Contact a site sponsor like Ulmer Racing for more info.

Very well said, thank you!!

With my aftermarket exhaust, ram air mod and clutch kit my 07 was not much faster than a stock Attak and it used more fuel.
No fuel or timing modules.
It was just annoyingly louder. On the plus side the plugs were a nice cardboard brown so the af was bang on

With my aftermarket exhaust, ram air mod and clutch kit my 07 was not much faster than a stock Attak and it used more fuel.
No fuel or timing modules.
It was just annoyingly louder. On the plus side the plugs were a nice cardboard brown so the af was bang on

But could it have been with the correct tuning module?

With my aftermarket exhaust, ram air mod and clutch kit my 07 was not much faster than a stock Attak

I know with Ullmer Racing's package that I have on my 08 Apex which included a MBRP exhaust, clutch kit, his air box mod and a PC2 and Ignition module, that was not the case with mine. I've since switched back to stock exhaust but it's still faster than its stock form.

The 07 attak that I bought for my son has the air box mod
Sounds wild ...lol
What kind of extra power does this mod make?

I think just the Ulmer air box mod was 3 or 4 hp. Ulmer also proved that modding the air box incorrectly could also LOSE hp. Give Allen a jingle...

Thanks
I will check it out when I take it all apart for it's winter prep

Ram air box and fuel programmer will give you 6 hp gain

Back