• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Oil Flow Diagram

o's srx

Lifetime Member
Does anyone have a diagram, for an Apex, of all the paths the oil takes through the pump, engine, oil cooler, filter, lines...
I'm trying to diagnose a low/no pressure situation. It starts and runs for about 20-30sec, then shuts off with the 30 code. I've got oil coming out of the gallery bolt.
I've looked in the service manuals I've got and have come up empty.

I had the engine out to swap out left side bulkhead, like I've done multiple times before, and put everything back together, started it and it started fine. Ran for 20sec or so, then died. The code 30 came up. Checked oil gallery bolt, has oil. Figured may have a plugged hose somewhere. If I can see where it goes from the pump and the whole circuit, I can get a better idea and I'll know more for the future.

I also found and hardwired all the grounding blocks to avoid that problem.

I had the engine out to swap out left side bulkhead, like I've done multiple times before, and put everything back together, started it and it started fine. Ran for 20sec or so, then died. The code 30 came up. Checked oil gallery bolt, has oil. Figured may have a plugged hose somewhere. If I can see where it goes from the pump and the whole circuit, I can get a better idea and I'll know more for the future
Usually when we pull motor we dump a court in the valve cover then it wont do that. It might have a bubble now.

I actually did that, but with about 3/4 of a liter, and pre-soaked oil filter and had it about 3/4 full of oil when I installed it.

Well, I just drained all the oil and removed the filter. Going to refill it once I get a new filter and try again. Hopefully it was just a trapped air bubble or something like that.

And same problem after the refill and new filter. Any other ideas, or items to check. All lines were clear and the lines that should be filled with oil are.

And same problem after the refill and new filter. Any other ideas, or items to check. All lines were clear and the lines that should be filled with oil are.
Not sure.. I had it happen and I think I had to blow air in the lines.. but I cant completely recall.

I was wondering about that, priming by pressurizing the tank. But wasn't sure if it'd harm anything. Or if there were other things to check first, or...
I've started it this way about 7-8 times, I hope I didn't starve it of oil long enough to damage anything.

I was wondering about that, priming by pressurizing the tank. But wasn't sure if it'd harm anything. Or if there were other things to check first, or...
I've started it this way about 7-8 times, I hope I didn't starve it of oil long enough to damage anything.
read that thread. It will shut off as soon as it reads no pressure. Im sure its ok.

Back