• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex opinions wanted.

XArmy

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
01 Yamaha SRX700
Thinking about getting an Apex. I currently have a 2001 SRX700 that's completely rebuilt and like new (build thread on the TY 2 stroke forums). I've been offered a 2007 Apex RTX (reverse, studded, clutch kit with clickers) asking 1500. In the dirt bike world, no one will ever convince me a 4 stroke is better than a 2 stroke. But this is the sled world and I know nothing about the Apex or Yamaha's 4 stroke sled motors. What do you guys think about the Apex vs the SRX? Is it worth it?

Last edited:

Best advice I can give, ride it. If possible go put some miles on it and make your own judgement. I had an SRX, and went to an 07 GT. It felt like the Apex GT had everything I wish I had on the SRX.

Much better riding position, similar power. Different sound, not better, not worse, but just as enjoyable when you squeezed the loud hammer. The Apex could handle much more variation in snow conditions.

The price on that Apex seems really reasonable, is it high mileage? High being a relative term as my GT was sold with 12,000 running great, and my current XTX just passed 9000.

Good luck either way. I think at that price, you could easily sell it and not lose a dime. (if you hate it)

Double on the best advice from biffdotorg. I also have a beautiful like brand new SRX with 27,000 KM on it that I was in love with, in 2014 I bought a new 2013 APEX and I just don't have the desire to throw a leg over the SRX seat an more sad to say. I mostly trail ride and the Apex is the best sled made for that.

I'd love to ride it first, but I am deployed right now. I'm close to going home, but the snow will be gone by then. Honestly, it's the rider position and reverse that peak my interest the most.

Good price for any Apex out there. Not a fan of the RTX CK suspension tho. Imo the Mono is a better ride
Came from a modded '02 Sx Viper to my 07 Attak . The only thing I miss about the Viper is the sweet song that the triple power valve motor sings. And thats it.

I've owned 2 SRXs, a 98 and a 00. I went to a 07 Apex SE, loved it. Sold it and went to a 2012 Apex XTX this year. I love it even more, the ride is a little stiff for me (I weigh 180), but I have the parts to fix that waiting, just haven't done it yet. As far as acceleration, an Apex is quicker stock to stock most times I believe from seat of pants feel.

I'd love to ride it first, but I am deployed right now. I'm close to going home, but the snow will be gone by then. Honestly, it's the rider position and reverse that peak my interest the most.

Thank you for your service to this great country we get to ride!

Well, thank you to all that replied. I bought the Apex. Y pipes and donuts replaced. Studs have less than 300 miles. Just had the oil changed new spare drive belt, and new drive shaft bearings. Just couldn't pass it up. Now I just need next winter to get here. :(

Well, thank you to all that replied. I bought the Apex. Y pipes and donuts replaced. Studs have less than 300 miles. Just had the oil changed new spare drive belt, and new drive shaft bearings. Just couldn't pass it up. Now I just need next winter to get here. :(

Why next winter? Winter is heavy upon us now.

Cause I'm deployed right now. I get home at the end of March. I'm not thinking there will be any snow left. The sled belonged to my buddies dad. So my buddy is doing the leg work for me.

Cause I'm deployed right now. I get home at the end of March. I'm not thinking there will be any snow left. The sled belonged to my buddies dad. So my buddy is doing the leg work for me.

Well hats off to you!! Thank you for your service!! You can always go to the U.P. I usually will late season ride there until the end of April.

You said coming home soon, the amount of snow in the UP right now you can ride till May

You made a sound purchase at that price and miles, I would think worth about 3k

Back