• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Skid Rebuild

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
So I decided to pull the rear skid out of my 09 Apex and completely rebuild it for next winter. Had the shock rebuilt, put new slides on and had the parts powder coated. Just some pics of the work that was done.

Attachments

• snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 164

Tear down of skid getting ready to send parts to sand blaster

Attachments

• snow4.jpg
    snow4.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 163
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 162
Parts back from sand blaster ready to have powder coated

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 161
Parts back from powder coating

Attachments

• snow5.jpg
    snow5.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 162
skid back together and ready to go into sled this weekend. All new bearings installed. Big thanks to my buddies that help weld up a part and doing the powder coating

Attachments

• show4.jpg
    show4.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 165
  • snow6.jpg
    snow6.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 165
The PC color looks nice. Should match the sled well.

skid back together and ready to go into sled this weekend. All new bearings installed. Big thanks to my buddies that help weld up a part and doing the powder coating
Great job looks good

Need to put a 4th wheel on the rear axle.

So I decided to pull the rear skid out of my 09 Apex and completely rebuild it for next winter. Had the shock rebuilt, put new slides on and had the parts powder coated. Just some pics of the work that was done.
Looks good! Is there any a guy should know or do while rebuilding the skid? Like welding gussets? For strength.. etc? I know on my rx1 I had that problem, is it the same on an 06 apex?

Great job!
The 2010's had the better idler wheel blocks with two bolts to prevent rail tab bending and preventing them from sliding up the rail slightly.

What would be the reason of putting the 4th wheel on the rear axle? I do have a spare wheel and bearing that I can use.

What would be the reason of putting the 4th wheel on the rear axle? I do have a spare wheel and bearing that I can use.
Support's the studs and overall makes the sled roll better.

Sounds good, like I said I have a spare wheel and new bearing for it. Can anyone tell me what the length of the center spacers on the shaft will need to be cut down to?

Back