• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Stuck 34/36 codes

Schmitty289

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex mountain 2008
I have a Yamaha apex that’s running like crap have a another identical sled that runs been switching parts back and forth trying to get the one to run it was throwing no code then after about half an hour of trying to get it to do something it through two codes 34/36 and died completely and won’t start swapped the ecu to the running sled after fixing issue because codes wouldn’t clear even on good sled codes won’t clear thought once problem was fixed codes we’re supposed to clear and since the ecu is on a sled that runs with no issues why won’t it clear or did I burn my ecu up also tried disconnecting battery for hours still won’t clear

Before sled died completely it would start idle great but as soon as you hit the throttle it would spit start sputtering and eventually die but it you eased into it very slowly it would climb in rpm’s but as soon as you hit the throttle it would go and act like it was going to die let off and it would go back to idling fine tried everything all sensors except the one in with the stator tried the vacuum pump tried the whole fuel rail and injectors and pressure regulator checked for vacuum leaks I’m totally lost and until it locked up my ecu with those codes it wasn’t throwing any

I know codes will only go away once it is fix that’s why I hooked it up to a perfectly good running extra snowmobile with no prior codes hooked ecu into good running sled codes stayed in ecu from broke sled and won’t clear after hooking into good sled

The self diagnosis mode won’t let you force clear a code they will only store and show code history of codes that have been fixed if the code has not been fixed it will appear on the dash with a caution light as well once fixed they will be logged under the di 61 and you can clear them in di 62 but di 62 won’t let you force clear any remaining codes that still appear

I changed plugs coils and and ohmd out my whole wire harness changed ecu and now codes are stuck on both Ecu s and can’t get either ecu to reset when plugged into good running sled with no codes prior to plugging in ecu with stuck codes

You need to change the sub harness that plugs into the coils. The female terminals inside the connector that plugs into the coil are NFG

I just don’t understand why it won’t clear the codes once plugged into the running snowmobile

I’m kind of at a loss and waiting on new ecu s cuz I can’t get anything to clear so I won’t know if it’s fixed or not

I just don’t understand why it won’t clear the codes once plugged into the running snowmobile
Are the part numbers identical on the ECU?
But what's it matter anyway? A stored code isn't an active code that is displayed all the time.

Back