• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Vibration

blackGt

Veteran
Has anyone experienced a massive vibration between 30-35 mph? Pulled off the belt and vibration was there at 28-3000 rpm's. Brought it to the dealer and he tried to tell me that it was because of the picks i put in it, until i pulled off the belt and the vibration was still there. He didn't know what to say then.

I have a vibration that is in the foot rests and bars that starts at about 70 mph, peaks at 80 mph and disappears at about 90 mph. It is in the dealer right now hope it is something simple like a piece missing out of a driver or a bent shaft because it is driving me crazy !

Mine vibrated when idler wheels were shot... but without the belt , yours is another problem...

:o|

Reaper said:
I have a vibration that is in the foot rests and bars that starts at about 70 mph, peaks at 80 mph and disappears at about 90 mph. It is in the dealer right now hope it is something simple like a piece missing out of a driver or a bent shaft because it is driving me crazy !
You know what, I think that is the same thing that I had felt in my sled, when I was on my last ride which was 2 weeks ago and I did 330 miles in two days. I noticed it on one fairly large section of the trail. 5-10 mile run, cruising at those speeds.... Let me know what your dealer says.

Mine had a pretty bad vibration from 30-80. I knew mine wasn't normal after I rode a demo attack that was real smooth. It felt like a bad belt. Turns out the moveable secondary shive was warped. Mine probably had 1/8-1/4" run out on the part. You could see it run out at low speed on a stand. I saw a few other people have had a similar problem on this forum. Dealer replaced the part and problem was solved. Bent/delaminated idler wheels could be to blame also. Mine was more noticeable in soft snow conditions. It felt like the machine was coming apart.

Like this?Mine had some runout also.

Attachments

• rx1 rear clutch.jpg
    rx1 rear clutch.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 140
RTXRay said:
Mine had a pretty bad vibration from 30-80. I knew mine wasn't normal after I rode a demo attack that was real smooth. It felt like a bad belt. Turns out the moveable secondary shive was warped. Mine probably had 1/8-1/4" run out on the part. You could see it run out at low speed on a stand. I saw a few other people have had a similar problem on this forum. Dealer replaced the part and problem was solved. Bent/delaminated idler wheels could be to blame also. Mine was more noticeable in soft snow conditions. It felt like the machine was coming apart.
What do you mean, the whole secondary was warped?

I noticed some vibration that I have not noticed before during my last ride.

Seems to start at 60mph.

Not sure what it is yet.

It is tolerable....but not as smooth as it used to be.

Don't forget about track (1.25) and snow conditions. They can add to vibration on trails as well.

Mine were the inner drivers were bent, weird how plastic can bend thought it would break first. Dealer ran it up in a lathe and it almost jumped out ! Shaft was fine just had to replace the inner drivers.

Reaper said:
Mine were the inner drivers were bent, weird how plastic can bend thought it would break first. Dealer ran it up in a lathe and it almost jumped out ! Shaft was fine just had to replace the inner drivers.
Good to hear they figures out the problem, but how would the inner drivers get bent..

Reaper said:

Hey Reaper, you said the drivers were bent? What type of vibration were you feeling for that? I'll tell my dealer what to look for.

Back