• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex vs 850 doo

Yes, He jumped me out of the hole, caught him around 80 mph pulled past and never looked back ! Raced on a lake about 2 miles.

Pretty much stock with GR-GR-GR primary clutch spring, 108 pics down the middle, new 136 1.25 rippsaw( last year)and Tunned by Jeff Trask from local shop. Over 12,900 miles and still runs strong !

I ran buds' 850 at about 20mph roll. He jumped a tad, i caught him, he pulled a ski & i was reeling him in when we ran out of real estate. He outweighs me by about 90 lbs, so i think it was dead even. My Ape has amazing mid range pull even against other Apex's. I also have 20,000 miles on my sled & had 3000 miles on belt. Those 850's are VERY quick, but a dialed in Apex with even traction should hang very well...

I had a nos kit on my 07 just to mess with guys. was no fun once the word got out. lol. guys quit racing. doubt I will stick it on the 11 I just bought. lol. good times

Just bought an 850 but Dad has a charged apex so not much of a comparison. but from the shoot out results the 850 is quick in 1000 ft. Only 8 mph and 0.4 second slower than a winder. After 1000 I expect the lake racer machines to take over.

I raced against a 850 renegade with my Attak a couple times last year...the results were the same every time.
From a dead stop, on the hard pack, who ever pulled ahead out of the hole stayed ahead no matter what distance we ran. It was uncanny how equal the two sleds were in performance. We never did establish a clear winner as we alternated wins between the two sleds.
I never bothered racing anyone with the Stage 2 Apex at 18lbs of boost it would be a complete waste of time and fuel!

Back