• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat 4 Stroke Future

Shattered

Extreme
Does anyone have any inside scoop about what Arctic Cat will be using to power their four stroke sleds after Yamaha pulls out of the sled market? Or will they even continue to have any four stroke sleds at all?

If they continue to use the Yamaha engines, the only downside from the current Viper and Sidewinder models would be Arctic Cat clutches.

Very good question. My guess beside what others think is they will fit one in Catalyst. Especially if a 2 cylinder it would not be as difficult as everyone is saying.

Yamaha is an engine supplier for many markets. I bet that they will continue to provide an engine to a manufacturer in the sled market after their exit.

I'm thinking with the planet on fire currently, the sno-mo-biz is rapidly on its way out. I wonder, will the longevity of snowmobiling be there long enough for Cat to even worry about developing a 4S.

I'm thinking with the planet on fire currently, the sno-mo-biz is rapidly on its way out. I wonder, will the longevity of snowmobiling be there long enough for Cat to even worry about developing a 4S.
Since they already have developed a four stroke sled, I don't think that's an issue.

My question is whether they will continue to use Yamaha engines, or if they will get out of the four stroke market all together.

I am only basing this on what I see on the trails, but a LARGE volume of Cat’s sales since 2017 have been the 998T sleds. They would be foolish to abandon that market.

Keep in mind, sled or no sled, Arctic Cat will not stop building the Wildcat XX, which uses the NA 998. They would be foolish to drop that as well. The engine agreement is not dead, with or without sleds.

I think the real question is whether or not Cat is going to update the procross chassis to something more modern. The catalyst doesn't look like it has the room for a competitive 4s so whats next..

Ski Doo better ramp up 900t production
Why? It’s a pooch. It’s 8-10k to get it to level of a sidewinder with just a tune and weights for primary. It looks dumb, and It’s an skidoo. And since nothing can truly compete with a sidewinder package if I was to replace mine it would just be a basic 850. The turbo 2 strokes are zippy an fun but still lack all the performance of the sidewinder. The longevity is nonexistent and the get much more power it’s tens of thousands of dollars on a sled that’s already 25-30k….. I’ll spend sub 20’s on a 850 and have just as much fun and not care that I am not fast since nothing else really is.

The 850 is a pooch. My 850 Rave RE gets walked by my daughter on her 2016 Viper. Buddy has an XRS 850 and it’s aloooow also.

I would think that Cat has its own 4 stroke in development. My guess is that Textron will have its own engines. The St Cloud engine plant is modern and capable.

I would think that Cat has its own 4 stroke in development. My guess is that Textron will have its own engines. The St Cloud engine plant is modern and capable.
Honestly, I hope they do, value of sidewinders and vipers will go through the roof when that pooch comes out.

Back