• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cat mirrors

picasso

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper R-TX DX
So I see that Arctic Cat has mirrors attached to the windshield on their version of the Viper. I kinda like the looks of them. My question is; will these work on the Viper? Are they the same windshield? Anybody know for sure or have tried it?

The Arctic Cat ZR 7000 and the Yamaha Viper windshields are interchangeable.

The Arctic Cat ZR 7000 and the Yamaha Viper windshields are interchangeable.
Sweet! I thought they were the same. This would be a fairly inexpensive way to ad mirrors to my viper. And they don't look to bad. I'm sure they will bounce around some because the windshield is quite flexible. I'm good with that.

Do a search on Crosstour windshield. That is the one that comes predrilled for mirrors and fits with minor alterations.
I have the mid height windshield on my viper. If it's the same shape, I don't mind locating and drilling mine.

Is this the same windshield that is used on the cat sled? I thought the mirrors would possibly fit this. This is what is on mine
image.jpg

I have put the Crosstour on my sled the wind shields are the same height but very different contours can not put mirrors on stock mid Yamaha

the cat mirrors should work on your windshield but I would go with the Yamaha handlebar mount mirrors.
I have put them both on and the yamaha's are higher quality .
also the cat mirrors vibrate most windshields at higher speeds

So I see that Arctic Cat has mirrors attached to the windshield on their version of the Viper. I kinda like the looks of them. My question is; will these work on the Viper? Are they the same windshield? Anybody know for sure or have tried it?
I have a Cat extra high windshield on my Viper an Cat mirrors. They are great. It does not fit exactly. the 4 bolts on the front all line up but the Yam hood is different so I had to cut the shield to fit. See pictures. I love it.

Attachments

• 20140418_05.JPG
    20140418_05.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 20140418_03.JPG
    20140418_03.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 238
I just installed the crosstour windshield and AC mirrors today! Looks good on the Viper and simple to install...need to drill 2 holes in windshield and 2 holes behind headlamp on cowl. Hook on windy edges can be snipped- not needed. Fits as it was made for it. Now I can see lights and sleds behind without breaking my neck!!

I'm planning on buying the Crosstour windshield and mirrors to install on my Viper. I realize there is some slight modifications to make the shield fit. Are you guys that have this set-up still happy with it? I really had 2 options to consider- this or the mirrors that the Apex uses. The windshield from the Crosstour in my opinion looks cleaner.

Back