• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are maps just like being in the car?

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
For those that have used trail maps on GPS... Is it the same as it would be when using a GPS in your car? Do you actually show on the trail just as you would on a road? When you come up to an intersection, does it show the trail number? I purchased the Nuvi 500 to try it out this year and was looking for feedback on the actual user experience. I plan to buy my map from sledgps.com, but could be swayed. They are going to have turn by turn directions this year which would be nice. Maybe it would be easier to say what is different than how it is in the car... Thanks!!

I use the maps from http://www.gpssledmaps.com/maps/mi.php
they work great and are very acurate. They overlay on top of the base map and when you are riding on a trail that for instance is a county road also you will find that the trail is overlaying right on the road. You just follow the trail and turn when needed. The pointer {which is you} is always on the trail if you are. I would like to see the ability to actually navigate the snowmobile trail the way you would in your car but the snowmobile map maker would have to go to bed with garmin and I havent seen that happen yet. Would be nice though!

Back