• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

Why do people always complain about apex weight and power if dont like dont buy it. I have 2 apex se 2011 and 2012 i love them. That power steering is awesome i dont care sled is heavy i got it for reliability and the power steering. Seriously how fast do we need to go. the Saying goes speed kills, to me these apex work very well. i saw so many 2 strokes broke down on trail with no 4 strokes on side of trail. The one thing that would be better is for them to maximize on the suspension. But i must say i have bot had a sore back after a long days ride.

Last edited:
Why do people always complain about apex weight and power if dont like dont buy it. I have 2 apex se 2011 and 2012 i love them. That power steering is awesome i dont care sled is heavy i got it for reliability and the power steering. Seriously how fast do we need to go. the Saying goes speed kills, to me these apex work very well. i saw so many 2 strokes broke down on trail with no 4 strokes on side of trail. The one thing that would be better is for them to maximize on the suspension. But i must say i have bot had a sore back after a long days ride.

Being a trail rider, having some weight is good as I feel the sled is more stable. Removing weight can be a dangerous thing on the reliability side and AC proved that with the 1100T. They had minimal issues with that sled in the old "barney looking" chassis. Then they cut 100lbs. out on the ProCross and they had/have mountains of problems. #1 priority is reliability in my book, as the season is too short to be broke down, so if the sled has to be heavier to accomplish that, then so be it. There will never be one sled that will appeal to all the segments.

i don't mind the weight if it doesn't make the sled more difficult to ride ...and smooth and mellow trail riding is one thing, but ruff and fast trails is another... in a 500 mile day, you see both and you want a sled that does it all...

At 9sec in the video ,at the snow splash, looks like forks like a dirtbike .? But it has 2 skis ?

Maybe some crazy rider forward chassis ,with forks and a swingarm like a dirtbike/snowhawk ,sitting taller then the average sled,with 2 skis and bodywork like a full size sled !

Lightweight - bump absorbing machine !

YAMAHA))) Revs Your Heart !

I think its funny how people in years past have been complaining about weight and now Im hearing a lot of people say they don't mind the weight and just want a new chassis. I mean wtf make up your minds people lol. I own a nytro and when I go off trail yeah it would be nice if it was lighter and more easy to throw around and it becomes a workout after a while. On trails the weight doesn't bother me. People are all over the place I think its hilarious. I would like to see something that is lighter yet no one has seen before in the sled industry I want them to be able to change the way the industry thinks. Like a whole new suspension design that will take everything from trails, to big bumps to off trail and make the competition be like #*$&@ why couldn't we think of that. Im just hoping because I want Yamaha to be top dog and succeed, ive been riding yamahas all my life and I would love to continue to ride them for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
At 9sec in the video ,at the snow splash, looks like forks like a dirtbike .? But it has 2 skis ?

Maybe some crazy rider forward chassis ,with forks and a swingarm like a dirtbike/snowhawk ,sitting taller then the average sled,with 2 skis and bodywork like a full size sled !

Lightweight - bump absorbing machine !

YAMAHA))) Revs Your Heart !
Or Yamaha stresses me out lol

Dont get me wrong, the weight is an issue but we know it can be improved without sacrificing reliability. so: lighter, faster, better suspension - chassis, bigger gas tank, its the total package...if they build it , we will come

i don't mind the weight if it doesn't make the sled more difficult to ride ...and smooth and mellow trail riding is one thing, but ruff and fast trails is another... in a 500 mile day, you see both and you want a sled that does it all...

I agree with it not making it more difficult to ride.... But a 500 mile day? Not around here. Have to be really hitting it hard to get there in 2 days.

I think its funny how people in years past have been complaining about weight and now Im hearing a lot of people say they don't mind the weight and just want a new chassis. I mean wtf make up your minds people lol. I own a nytro and when I go off trail yeah it would be nice if it was lighter and more easy to throw around and it becomes a workout after a while. On trails the weight doesn't bother me. People are all over the place I think its hilarious. I would like to see something that is lighter yet no one has seen before in the sled industry I want them to be able to change the way the industry thinks. Like a whole new suspension design that will take everything from trails, to big bumps to off trail and make the competition be like #*$&@ why couldn't we think of that. Im just hoping because I want Yamaha to be top dog and succeed, ive been riding yamahas all my life and I would love to continue to ride them for the rest of my life.
I have never once complained about the weight of my sleds. For me, if they can lighten them up and not sacrifice anything else, fine, as I know many others say the weight is an issue. But I will take the weight over sacrificing quality and reliability. I'm not sure anyone will ever manufacturer a sled that will meet everyone's wants and needs.

Rough trails happen.It has to have more travel. Ever since the first sled , there has been more travel in the suspension as years go by. Imagine our sleds with suspension travel like a Baja Truck ! This is just 1 thing I hope for.. And I don't care about the weight either .

Dont get me wrong, the weight is an issue but we know it can be improved without sacrificing reliability. so: lighter, faster, better suspension - chassis, bigger gas tank, its the total package...if they build it , we will come
I agree with you. Especially the gas tank part. I'm going on a big "group ride" really a poker derby. And I'm looking where I can put 2 1 gallon jugs of gas as our Derbys turn into a big play day that can really drink that fuel. I think they could extend the tank under the seat more and gain an easy 2-2.5 gallons without an issue
As for the weight. I think if you put that 4 in a row in any other frame it might tare it apart over time with the torque and power. Or have some major frame twisting. I know that it could be built light and strong but just how much lighter could you build it and not cost a fortune? The current frame has proven to hold up to the machine fairly well be pending what you do to it. but, if they went lighter and started to fail would we complain? Chances are high that we would. As nice as it might be, might not be as cost/ consumer friendly

Lol. Sure has. Can't wait. 14 more sleeps until the big reveal

I hope they do another teaser video, a progression, like they did with the sport side by side!

Back