• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attack Mirrors? What are you doing?

I have a set ordered for my Apex from the dealer, suppose to fit with instructions. I did put a set of mirror on my wife"s new Vector that mounted on the windshield. See loves them. I wish the Apex would mount similar but looks like a body panel mount.

Since most of the time I spend riding, I'm in the lead for a group - the mirrors are invaluable to me. I've tried the "hand mirrors" that strap to your glove, the older style Yama mirrors, and last year I was spoiled with the new Venture mirrors I mounted on the RX-1 & Rage. This system (Venture style) is absolutely the best, as it is close to eye level while driving, has very little vibration, gives a great view of what's behind you (not just headlights), and offers little to no wind resistance. I'm hoping Yama will develop a similar system for the Apex/Attak model.
Chuck G

cgwiz said:
Since most of the time I spend riding, I'm in the lead for a group - the mirrors are invaluable to me. I've tried the "hand mirrors" that strap to your glove, the older style Yama mirrors, and last year I was spoiled with the new Venture mirrors I mounted on the RX-1 & Rage. This system (Venture style) is absolutely the best, as it is close to eye level while driving, has very little vibration, gives a great view of what's behind you (not just headlights), and offers little to no wind resistance. I'm hoping Yama will develop a similar system for the Apex/Attak model.
Chuck G

Chuck, I couldn't agree with you more. If I use a "hand mirror" the guys always think I'm signaling something to them, which often leads to a case of "Chicken Little" in that after awhile they pay no attention at all! I HATE mirrors that are mounted on the handlebars. Bugeyes?? I / We all look enough like astronauts without looking like Martians as well. As long as Yamaha has a good mounting point in mind with these mirrors, I'll be happy....but the Venture style is certainly the most effective!

Back