• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Auxiliary Lights

Those will work awesome! Been looking for replacement for my TrailTech Eclipse Hids since one went out and they dont make them anymore. My brother has these you got on his bike and they kick butt! On my Viper Hi beam was a blue wire and I found it on right side coming down from bars. I did not use a relay even though I should have but it lasted for 3 seasons.

I put led lights on and connected to battery and installed a seperate switch on my bars. That way,you can use when needed and still switch off for oncoming traffic or heavy snow conditions that can blind you out with to much light.

I put led lights on and connected to battery and installed a separate switch on my bars. That way,you can use when needed and still switch off for oncoming traffic or heavy snow conditions that can blind you out with to much light.
I think you have a great point here. Its true. If in heavy snow and with these on hi beam you will not be able to see. A separate switch would give you more options. For me I ran the low beam slightly higher than normal and in heavy snow just never used my Trail Techs or Hi beams which also work pretty darn good being Rocks HID. If seperate you could have a Low low beam,Mid High beam and the aux lights for reaching out at night.

The other consideration for wiring a separate switch directly to the battery allows you to turn on the lights even if your sled isn't running, or I'm my case, knowing the SW will overheat with extended idling ( to keep your lights on if wired to the headlight circuit).

I am going to use the switch and have it tied to the high beams so I can turn them off as needed.
Still need to figure out which wire is for the high beams.
Mocked them up on my old sled. This is the best place I can find for them. Will not fit anywhere else that I can see. Can bolt through the plastic to the bracket that holds the intercooler.

It has been proven that any light over 4500k "reflects" off the falling snow making vision worse. Obviously when snowing or snow dust.
Most people think that the "brighter" and "whiter" 6000k lights will bring them more vision. This is subjective.
I've been looking for lights like these in HID at 4500k.
Everything is LED these days and I personally HATE them.
My motorcycle lights are very bright, but when i turn, it's pitch black outside of the beam because the beam is super bright causing serious vision problems in the turn. Now snowmobiles don't lean, but reflecting off the snow dust can be an issue.
My HID lights on my old Apex are FAR FAR superior than any LED i've seen so far, but i can't seem to find this style light in HID.

Anybody ever see lights just like these in the 4500k range?

ROCKmeister, calling ROCKmeister. We need a conversion kit for the Winder.

Last edited:
My buddy has those cyclops lights on his 900T and those are sweet. I would like to get a pair on my winder and experiment with the different lens covers that change the beam pattern in clear and amber

Back