• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back to the Apex

The Apex SS I rode was very harsh more kick than the CK which was a lumber wagon and I don’t like air shocks so not for me. Unfortunately the market has spoken and rider forward is the present and future rider position of new sleds. I liked the SW I rode engine was sweet rider forward aok too it was a handful to steer given eps I would have bought one although I don’t need 180+ hp. For me the Enduro 900t hit the mark everything I needed for $14k and the sled I hoped Yamaha would build. Riding buddy just put his low mile 2011 Apex xtx cherry on the market still has his 2012 Apex xtx with Elkas all around but reasoned he could now move on to a 900t Enduro. He liked my Enduro a lot and tired of waiting for a new Apex. I sure don’t understand why Yamaha doesn’t address the market with a new Apex easy peasy boom for them.

As 20/80 says, the updated rear shock in 2016-2018 makes a huge difference. Compression and rebound adjustability. But, there are only a few Apex's out there from 2016-2018, specifically with the updated shock

The Apex SS I rode was very harsh more kick than the CK which was a lumber wagon and I don’t like air shocks so not for me. Unfortunately the market has spoken and rider forward is the present and future rider position of new sleds. I liked the SW I rode engine was sweet rider forward aok too it was a handful to steer given eps I would have bought one although I don’t need 180+ hp. For me the Enduro 900t hit the mark everything I needed for $14k and the sled I hoped Yamaha would build. Riding buddy just put his low mile 2011 Apex xtx cherry on the market still has his 2012 Apex xtx with Elkas all around but reasoned he could now move on to a 900t Enduro. He liked my Enduro a lot and tired of waiting for a new Apex. I sure don’t understand why Yamaha doesn’t address the market with a new Apex easy peasy boom for them.
The 900t you have is a very nice sled, Ski-Doo hit the mark with the 150hp 4stroke, there is a lot of snowmobilers looking at this sled, pretty much the best rear suspension in the business and the add on's are endless, a little more time on the snow will tell the tale how reliable this t 900 motor will be, who knows maybe Yamaha will build a 150-160 hp new engine and plant it in a new pure Yamaha chassis, but then that would take away from the Sidewinder/Cat so called glory.:rofl:

Before I ride anything with the name ski-doo on it Im walking! (IMO)

Before I ride anything with the name ski-doo on it Im walking! (IMO)
Be careful what you wish for it might come true! Lol I can’t figure out what Yamaha is doing but they have abandoned the 150-165 hp market niche. Yes Yamaha could kick butt with an all new Apex but they just don’t do it. When it comes to purchasing a new 150 to 165hp 4s sled the only choices are the Doo Renegade line up. Doo wins by default and they hit a home run with the 900t. Sales success has a lot to with market timing and product availability. In Yamaha’s case they vacated the Apex market niche and show no interest in offering an all new Apex. If the SW and Viper is not for you the doo 900t fills the apex void quite nicely. Imo it is difficult to fault someone for buying what they need when there is nothing else available.

Apex is outdated in every way. A great sled in it’s day but someday Apex users will need to consider alternative replacement sleds. The Sidewinder is the logical choice for the hp hungry rider but Yamaha has vacated the 150 to 165 hp class of riders. Skidoo offers the 900t Renegade 150hp class sled and it has been very successful and was the first 2020 sled to be built and shipped. It seems unthinkable that Yamaha did all the missionary marketing for 4s sled acceptance sold the heck out of the Apex line up and then abandoned that product niche since 2011. Very true an Apex replacement model would sell like hot cakes but just has not happened. Current model choices are step up to the heavy Sidewinder increase hp modern riding position or the doo 900t Renegade at 150hp rider forward lighter model. If you don’t like the SW Yamaha has nothing for ya. Very sad but true.
WTH, Do you get a spiff from Ski Doo each time you mention this on here?

WTH, Do you get a spiff from Ski Doo each time you mention this on here?
Do you get a spiff from Yamaha for blue lettering? Lol I enjoy the interaction with others on TY and I still have a soft spot for everything Yamaha. TY allows exchange of ideas and lots of bright people as members. Don’t be sensitive to sled brand comparos if a better mouse trap comes along I want to know by those who have the knowledge. I loved my
2012 Apex xtx and test ride Yamaha products every year so I know by the seat of my pants what’s new and interesting to me. I got bit big time by the 2019 900t Enduro so bought one in March close out and willing to share Apex , SW , Viper comparisons.

Maybe TD or Hurricane will come out with a lower-than-factory HP tune for those here demanding a 155-170 offering from Yamaha.
LOL! Now that's frickin funny!
Just wonder how much it would cost for "lower" hp?

I know your being a little sarcastic but think the point is total cost not total HP. A sled in the 150-170hp range with a cost of less then $14K is probably what the market would respond to.

I should have been more specific. My question "sarcastically" is how much it would cost for a lower power tune.
Or would someone actually pay for one?

Sounds like a flashed Viper should fit the niche.

;)
LOL! Now that's frickin funny!
Just wonder how much it would cost for "lower" hp?
Hopefully less, they seem to be a 'whiny' bunch.
I'm thinking a reduction to five pounds boost should do the trick.

Back